cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV player on pc have sound no picture.

i have started to use now tv on pc again using mozilla web browser everything downloaded and installed fine but the problem is dspite having sound i have no picture can anyone out please help solve this problem

68 REPLIES 68
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We're aware of the cause and hoping to release the fix as soon as possible.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Awful. I hate that NowTV is the only way I can legally watch Game of Thrones. I'm forced to pay for it every year for the couple of months that it's on and every single year there's some kind of rank amateurish technical problem from NowTV that stops me from being able to just watch it, depsite the fact I've paid for it. This is exactly the reason why every year I cancel it at the earliest possible opportunity. Your service is utterly terrible. Why on earth would you release a player with bugs in it?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I fully endorse your opinion of Now tv.

I only use it for GOT.

Today forced to update and now sound no picture.

Thank you for being so persistent,

@Anonymous User wrote:

Awful. I hate that NowTV is the only way I can legally watch Game of Thrones. I'm forced to pay for it every year for the couple of months that it's on and every single year there's some kind of rank amateurish technical problem from NowTV that stops me from being able to just watch it, depsite the fact I've paid for it. This is exactly the reason why every year I cancel it at the earliest possible opportunity. Your service is utterly terrible. Why on earth would you release a player with bugs in it?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep, what a shower. I too have spent hours trying to get around the Now tv bug which means that I can only get sound and no picture. My Now tv account is affectively useless, until sky eventually getting around to sorting the problem. I am insisting on a refund!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nicholas-M"hoping" isn't very reassuring. Nor is "as soon as possible" given the total lack of movement on this so far...

I take it you (NOWTV) aren't particularly concerned about losing customers or stressing out your existing ones? I spent half a day asking for an official statement (here, in live chat, via Twitter, etc.) and all we eventually get is that meagre sentence. No apology and no assurances. As customer service goes this is pretty appalling.

We're not asking for blood... Problems occur in life, but it's how you deal with them that marks you out as a reputable company, or not as the case may be.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good morning Nicholas-M,

Are your people still working on that fix? Or did they get distracted by something shiny? Seriously, your customer 'service' is an embarrassment.

These forums and social media are filling up with disgruntled customers - PAYING customers. And the response is virtually non-existent.

All you have to do is roll back to a working version of the app while your tech team (if they even exist) scratch their heads over the mess they’ve inflicted on many users…

Would you prefer that we (your paying customers) take it to the press? Oh wait, Murdoch owns most of that too so scrub that... 😕 How about

Trading Standards, and BBC Watchdog, etc. If you don't have the stomach to deal with your own mess then users can take it to the next level.

@Anonymous User wrote:

We're aware of the cause and hoping to release the fix as soon as possible.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

On the plus side, it does seem to work on my laptop, which, for reference, is Win 10 non-Creator, 64bit, standard Intel graphics driver.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So we're paying for that worthless bs like mtv only to watch GoT and you decide to push the upgrade down our throats, without testing on a day of the new episode premiere.

You honestly know what we all want to say. But the fact that there was no announcement, no e-mail, I had to look in the customers forum to find that you're aware of the problem and trying to fix it is just crap. Really crappy attitude towards customers. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Using just the laptop i receive sound but have no picture

Why

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exact same problem for me, before update fine, post update sound no picture. Now TV should refund everyone a months payment for this, I only have a small window to watch GOT and Twin Peaks, going on holiday tomorrow, will have to miss these episodes now, I've lost a months viewing.