cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV player on pc have sound no picture.

i have started to use now tv on pc again using mozilla web browser everything downloaded and installed fine but the problem is dspite having sound i have no picture can anyone out please help solve this problem

68 REPLIES 68
Anonymous User
Not applicable

L-F, I am in a very similar position to you..  I also have to use social media for work and find it difficult to avoid spoilers on major shows being aired for the first time.  If I cannot get this resolved shortly I think I'm going to watch via ipad (if that works properly!!!) but it is very unsatisfacory compared with hooking my laptop up to a big TV screen.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK I think I have a fix.  I was talking to Live Chat and they suggested I uninstall Now TV player and instead, install the Now TV app from the Windows store onto my laptop.  Here is the link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/p/now-tv/9wzdncrdm157

I did that and it appearsd to work (touch wood, fingers crossed).  So I'm off to watch Twin Peaks now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Persephone. As I'm using a Mac that link (for the Windows store) doesn't help I'm afraid...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, is there any update on this?  I'm getting the same issue on my laptop and don't have any other way of accessing NOW TV.  I've tried downloading the app from the store but just get a playback error each time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here. I got no reply from the so-called "customer service" at all, so I cancelled my subscription. 

the link to the Windows store works, but the app is "currently unavailable". No joy then. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also worth mentioning, NowTV doesn't bother communicating with their customers when they can't deliver their service, but once I've cancelled, a flood of emails came offering discounts and asking me to reconsider. 

But why would anyone pay even a reduced amount when I can't watch anything? Better off renting DVDs. At least they work, without blackouts and buffering.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have this issue. Update came this evening, since all I use the player for is GoT. Uninstalled, reinstalled, installed Silverlight diagnostic (not knowing that it was apparently for IE), installed Silverlight, uninstalled NowTV player, installed windows store version, which then told me an unexpected error occurred and crashed. Welp.

Edit: After several tries, it actually loaded, hopefully for the full program.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i realy dont know how to work my laptop so is there any chance of a refund seen as so ive paid for something that dosent work

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

In that case pop onto live chat, explain what's happened and see if they can cancel and give you a refund. 

To get to live chat, go to the following help page and choose the live chat option.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/how-do-i-cancel-now-tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Link does not work