cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate

Re: NowTV app with sound but no picture

I have just been forced to update and now cannot watch at all. It asks me to find an app to watch but then I go to find the app and it says no such app is available. This is my first time with Now TV and I am only on it to watch GOT so I am really hacked off. 

Advocate

Re: After App Update NO PICTURE (Sound Only) - New Thread, as the old one is not being responded to

Well said. This company are only interested in getting your money. If you left then they would pull all the stops out to get you back. Any way I have the same problem as everyone else and am just as hacked off as you so good letter of complaint. Add my name to the list.

Scholar

Re: After App Update NO PICTURE (Sound Only) - New Thread, as the old one is not being responded to

Folks, there is finally a fix! It doesn't seem to have been posted by NOWTV in this thread (surprise, surprise), but you can find it in this one: https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mac-OS/Issue-tracking-Audio-but-no-video/td-p/439210/highlight/false/...

(It's only for Macs though, so far...)

0 Thanks

Re: NOW TV player on pc have sound no picture.

Since the update I'm getting sound but no picture on now TV player on PC. Things worked ok before the update. Can anyone at Sky tell me when they think they'll have a solution for this problem? Otherwise I'll have no choice but to cancel my subscription.

NOW TV Team
NOW TV Team

A new version of the NOW TV Player has been published. Please try opening the app again to receive the update.

If you continue to experience issues, please comment below on this thread.

Mentor

Any help would be most appreciated for us all.
0 Thanks
Observer

Re: NowTV app with sound but no picture

same sort of issue- asks me to update the app then it won't download or open. Then won't install properly. What's going on?

0 Thanks
Mentor

I installed an update, it's been fixed. However PR-like that's not the way to do it NOW. Even a small e-mail about a new update to fix a no video issue could go a long way when it comes to keep customers. Not me checking forum again.

Mentor

Dear Now TV, I've unistalled the updated app, and reloaded the app from the windows store. So far ok. When trying to view anything, it states that I need to remove one of my devices to be able to view. I haven't added any more devices, I have 4 in total. Ive tried this a number of times, but no luck.

Any ideas for me please.

Tags (1)
0 Thanks
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Simongot,

Ordinarily you are permitted to change one registered device per month, which comes into effect at the beginning of the next new month. However because of the recent issue it would appear that you require a 'forced' device limit reset, which needs to be carried out by a NOW TV representative.

You can contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers are not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •