cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV player on pc have sound no picture.

i have started to use now tv on pc again using mozilla web browser everything downloaded and installed fine but the problem is dspite having sound i have no picture can anyone out please help solve this problem

68 REPLIES 68
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just been forced to update and now cannot watch at all. It asks me to find an app to watch but then I go to find the app and it says no such app is available. This is my first time with Now TV and I am only on it to watch GOT so I am really hacked off. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

same sort of issue- asks me to update the app then it won't download or open. Then won't install properly. What's going on?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi buddy me too.

sound only

no picture now for 5 weeks -- still waiting for nowtv to fix it.

no one seems to know what to do on this, useless support stafff

im taking my complaint higher.

i did find this and yet nowtv don,t seem to tell us about this. Makes you wonder does,nt and yet they told me to download silverlight, its not supported by the browser anymore and yet nowtv did not tell me this, i had to find out on my own and with no training on pcs or softare at all.

see following.

Why do Java, Silverlight, Adobe Acrobat and other plugins no longer work?

Beginning in Firefox version 52 released March 7, 2017, installed NPAPI plugins are no longer supported in Firefox, except for Adobe Flash. Some of the plugins that will no longer load in Firefox, even though they may be installed on your computer, include Java, Microsoft Silverlight and Adobe Acrobat. See this compatibility document for details.

Over the past few years, Firefox has implemented various Web APIs so that websites can do the same things they’ve always done without plugins, so you will most likely not notice any change to your browsing experience.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi buddy me too.

sound only

no picture now for 5 weeks -- still waiting for nowtv to fix it.

no one seems to know what to do on this, useless support stafff

im taking my complaint higher.

i did find this and yet nowtv don,t seem to tell us about this. Makes you wonder does,nt and yet they told me to download silverlight, its not supported by the browser anymore and yet nowtv did not tell me this, i had to find out on my own and with no training on pcs or softare at all.

see following.

Why do Java, Silverlight, Adobe Acrobat and other plugins no longer work?

Beginning in Firefox version 52 released March 7, 2017, installed NPAPI plugins are no longer supported in Firefox, except for Adobe Flash. Some of the plugins that will no longer load in Firefox, even though they may be installed on your computer, include Java, Microsoft Silverlight and Adobe Acrobat. See this compatibility document for details.

Over the past few years, Firefox has implemented various Web APIs so that websites can do the same things they’ve always done without plugins, so you will most likely not notice any change to your browsing experience.

Hi @Anonymous User It's not even regarding us No Longer Supporting Silverlight, it's Microsoft who have ceased support of it so we had to move on. I am still feeding back info regarding the app and player. For some people it's working fine and for others it is not so that why it's been so hard trying to identify and resolve the problem on our side. For example, my Brothers PC which has an 7th Gen CPU with GTX1070, his works fine. Now my own PC, which is literally 7 feet away using the exact same network configuration doesn't seem to work with NOW TV lLayerer/Windows App at all. My CPU is Overclocked to run faster than his, it's still a relatively new CPU being the 6600K and i have a GTX98Ti clocked higher than his GTX 1070. All my drivers are up to date, i've went form having 2 monitors to having 1, i've tried on numerous browsers but i still can't get it to work. This is what i'm feeding back.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem. I have a Windows 10 PC which was working fine. Went to watch Game of Thrones last night night and forced to upgrade now have sound and no picture. AND NO GAME OF THRONES. I uUsed the Live Chat service. After being repeatedly asked to install and uninstall was told to try the NowTV App which crashed loading and froze the PC.   I still have the problem and no sign of a solution. Problem has been sent to higher team whoever they are.  Why do they force upgrades that just dont work ? grrrr. Come on NowTV sort this out

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear NOWTV - I have had quite the day so far. Hours wasted trying to fix a problem created by a bug in the latest app update...

Here's my letter of complaint. I've tried sending it directly to you but the contact form isn't sending my text - What a suprise. I shall post it here for everyone to read. You may notice that I'm rather angry and at the end of my patience... I make no appology for being cross.

---

Hello. I’m writing to make a complaint about both a major technical issue (emanating from your end) and the way your company is handling it, or not handling it to be more accurate.

I signed up to NOWTV back in May specifically so that I could watch the new series of Twin Peaks her in the UK, both legally and in good quality. It was (and is) particularly important to me to see each episode within a few hours of the US broadcast in order to avoid online spoilers. Even yourselves (as Sky TV) post spoiler images within minutes of the first airing, and as I have to use social media for my work it’s imperative that I stream the episodes early on a Monday morning – I even plan my working day around this.

So that’s the context. Here’s the problem – After many weeks without any issues this morning I was prompted to download an update for the NOWTV Player when I fired it up to watch Episode 15 of Twin Peaks. Once the update installed I was unable to watch anything! I get the audio, but NO PICTURE. My computer is a MacBook Pro, and this problem occurs with both Firefox and Safari browsers.

I then proceeded to spend HOURS trying to solve the issue. I can see that I’m not alone as there are posts on your own forums and on Twitter about the issue, but so far no public acknowledgement or fix issued. I turned to the Live Chat feature and spent ages with an operative who got me to uninstall and reinstall the app, all to no avail – It was the same faulty version (2.1.1.) and just as our chat was getting to the point of them asking for further technical help from your own team I lost my connection! I then started a new Live Chat with a different operative who seemed unable to call-up my previous chat details, so I had to start all over again… After a very long time in which they got me to do the same actions as before (despite my telling them) and a few others they were baffled and referred it to their own tech people. Eventually I was told that it is apparently a “known issue” and that your tech people are “working on it”. When I asked for an estimate of how long this would take I was told “maybe two days”…

This is really not good enough! As a paying customer I should have a working service. If a technical problem occurs (especially when it’s down to a bug in your own update) you should treat it as a high priority, and above all else BE CLEAR AND HONEST WITH CUSTOMERS. So far I’ve seen no public acknowledgement by your company that the problem exists. It took me two hours of Live Chat to get one of your staff to admit that you know of the problem, and there is NO COMMITMENT TO FIX IT FAST. In the meantime my enjoyment of my favourite series (and the ONLY reason I signed up to you) has been totally marred, plus I’ve wasted half of my day off.

My Chat Reference Number (for the second of two Live Chats) is 02403985.

I am complaining not only about the technical issue but also your total lack of urgency or public acknowledgement. When you reply please do not give me a scripted “we understand how you feel” line (like the two chat operatives did). Please also do not repeat the same unhelpful ‘advice’ that was given to be earlier as it does not work – the app needs fixing… I want a proper unscripted human reply telling me what you’re doing about the issue and how soon it will be fixed. If not I will take this further and be as loud and public as I can.

I expect a prompt reply, thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well said. This company are only interested in getting your money. If you left then they would pull all the stops out to get you back. Any way I have the same problem as everyone else and am just as hacked off as you so good letter of complaint. Add my name to the list.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Folks, there is finally a fix! It doesn't seem to have been posted by NOWTV in this thread (surprise, surprise), but you can find it in this one: https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mac-OS/Issue-tracking-Audio-but-no-video/td-p/439210/highlight/false/...

(It's only for Macs though, so far...)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Likewise. This morning's update appears to have wiped out the video but not the audio. Have tried: uninstalling and reinstalling:

Full download

Store version

Store version from link mentioned here

Tried clearing Chrome cache

Tried Silverlight version

Getting c0252600 error code on standard version.

Running Win 10 Creator on 32 bit machine with standard graphics driver.

All help welcome, but looks like the update needs rolling back. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

AE2017, after two hours and two live chat opperatives (plus several public Tweets) they admitted to me that it's a "known issue". However there's still no commitment to a fix timescale, and no public announcement about the problems...