cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV player crashing on Windows 10

I have tried the player both through the Now TV website and the Windows store. The one from the website opens, shows a black screen for 5-6 seconds then a blue screen for 2 seconds then closes itself down. I have reinstalled the player on the website  multiple times (including clearing cookies on browser and resetting router) but still doesn't work. The Windows store player will not install at all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

The browser combination is a bit rocky, but the Store app is pretty solid.

Try uninstalling it (a how-to is here) and then installing it again; this sometimes improves things.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks a lot. 

I am not IT literate so that was really helpful.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User This worked for me! Thank you so much. It’s been driving me nuts and the Now TV ‘Help’ have been useless.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you Darren!  That's been doing my head in for days.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Deleted the cisco folder works now 

Thanks great fix

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another Thank you! 

Had this issue for the past couple of days - uninstalled, reinstalled etc. - but couldn't get Now Player to work until i found your message. 

All working now. Thanks! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And yet another thank you. NOW TV had worked perfectly on my laptop during a previous subscription but couldn't get it working this time until I deleted the Cisco folder as suggested. 

Working fine now thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still not working. Select a program to watch through browser and the app opens and then crashes, app behaves the same way if I try to open without using the browser.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have the same issue since today.

The app is crashing in any way I open it, and reinstalling it's not working either.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok, I should have found the issue.

It seems related to BitDefender I installed a few days ago: the Advanced Threat Defense makes the NowTV app to crash at startup.

Creating an exception in this module for NowTV.exe solved the issue.

EDIT: btw, same thing already reported here ->

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/PC-Mac/Win10-NOW-TV-Player-crashing/td-p/570812

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Spoiler
I had a similar issue on my win 10 computer with browser +  NOWTV player. 

I tried uninstalling / reinstalling the NOWTV player several times without success.

What ending up working was to search for the NOWTV folder in the C drive and delete it .  It felt like the player was installed twice and the 2 installations were making it crash. Once one was deleted the player worked again.

I believe the "2nd" installation was due to an update of the player that malfunctioned