cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV player crashing on Windows 10

I have tried the player both through the Now TV website and the Windows store. The one from the website opens, shows a black screen for 5-6 seconds then a blue screen for 2 seconds then closes itself down. I have reinstalled the player on the website  multiple times (including clearing cookies on browser and resetting router) but still doesn't work. The Windows store player will not install at all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

The browser combination is a bit rocky, but the Store app is pretty solid.

Try uninstalling it (a how-to is here) and then installing it again; this sometimes improves things.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't use my PC for watching NowTV (more old school and prefer streaming boxes) so i won't be much help apart from suggesting that you try a different internet browser with the NowTV Player on the NowTV website and make sure all background programmes on your PC are closed.

Surprised that neither the NowTV website Player or the dedicated NowTV App from the Microsoft Store works on your Window 10 PC.

Hopefully a PC user that runs either the NowTV Player or NowTV App on their computer will offer you some further help.

Otherwise maybe get in touch with live chat for assistance from the link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

The browser combination is a bit rocky, but the Store app is pretty solid.

Try uninstalling it (a how-to is here) and then installing it again; this sometimes improves things.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had tried your method for this solution, however, I have no luck. It is still doing the same thing. I downloaded the NOW TV Player from http://www.nowtv.com/.

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

That might be the same software as in my advice, but I’m not sure if it is, and I can’t look at it on my laptop until tomorrow; on this iPad it just goes to a generic NowTV page, but it may well behave differently on my laptop.

In the meantime, you might like to try what I suggested; in the bottom left of your Windows desktop display, type Microsoft Store into the little window there, and open the item you are led to.

There, type Now TV (with a space, though the software may come up as you start typing anyway) and install the NowTV app thus revealed.

Please let me know how you get on - and if this still doesn’t work, whether it does seem to be the same thing you got from your NowTV link or different - and I can dig deeper tomorrow.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have downloaded the app via the Microsoft Store, fortunately, it is now working. Thank you so much for your help.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Glad you got it working!

Happy to help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, Is there a fix in place for this, I have been using the now tv player for a few weeks working fine, Within the last 2 days its not been working whats so ever. I have uninstalled the app twice. 

Any recommendations?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Navigate to C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow

Delete the Cisco folder

Open NowTV Player and it should work.

If this doesn't fix it, delete that cisco folder as well as any NowTV folder inside C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming 

Then reinstall NowTV Player

Tested on Windows 10 x64

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Good call!

For non-techie users attempting this, though, first go to the View tab on File Explorer (which is what you will be looking at the files in) and tick Hidden Items under Show/hide, or the AppData folder will not be visible as you drill down to it.

Otherwise, the only way you can see the contents of these folders is by typing the entire access path  C:\Users\username\AppData in at the top in one go; AppData doesn’t appear unless you show you know it by specifically typing the folder name. But the folders underneath are not themselves hidden.