cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV have removed support for watching NOW TV by streaming from your PC to TV

Hello. Until 2 weeks ago this is how I watched now TV:

Now TV Player on the PC, using steam link - stream the PC to the TV, Watch Now player on TV.

After the updates, Now TV Player works fine on my PC, but when I stream it to the TV, the Audio works fine but there is no visual just a blank screen (Although it still works fine on the PC)

I am now told that watching on TV from PC was never supported, that i was "lucky" for it to have worked and that I should go buy a Now TV Box.

6 REPLIES 6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User have you tried connecting via HDMI and putting TV as the screen,?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have no Lead long enough to do this, I use streaming to avoid the use of cables across my house. as I have to make my home very safe proof.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Is there any particular reason why you haven't purchased a little NOW TV 'black' box and connected one of these directly to your TV?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Because I didn't have to buy one since I had no problem watching Now TV with my setup. 

And I don't want to buy one now just because Now TV decided to update and remove the way I watch Now TV.

I am really hoping that it is just a bug, as the Audio still works, just the screen is blank.

And that I had no problems viewing Now TV this way previously.

If its just a bug, I'm happy to say with Now TV/ Or come back when its Fixed.

If its Now Player removing this feature because the fact it worked was a bug, then I'll find other Entertainment avenues.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update:

Now Player is not available on Sony Smart TV

Now Player has extreme lag when trying to be used on a HP Pavilion x360 11-k064na 

Now Player does not support Mobile to TV screen mirroring.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi SJ

Unfortunately, this is not the first time Now TV has removed unsupported features from it's devices and apps, and IMHO they will continue to do so whenever these non-approved features crop up.

So, if you want to continue watching Now TV on your TV you're going to have to bite the bullet.

UK Bob