cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV Player not working on Windows 11

Hi, I have just upgraded to Windows 11, and the NOW TV Player no longer seems to work. I have tried reinstalling the player but that doesn't help.

When you try to play a show the player opens but there is just a plain dark background; after a while a massive green circle appears, then a little while later the following message:

Oh no! Something's gone wrong.

There was a problem playing content. Please refer to the article below for steps to resolve.

Help Article
Error code: 20000
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Enable Show Hidden Files in your Folder/View settings, uninstall the Now player, and then look in you Local/LocalLow/Roaming folders (assuming Windows 11 is not that different to Windows 10 in this area) and delete any files or folders still left that reference Now or Cisco.

Carry out a Registry Clean In CCLEANER, or other similar utility of your choice, and remove any values relating to Now or Cisco (or everything it finds, if you trust CCleaner, which I do).

Then restart the computer and try reinstalling the app.

If it still doesn’t work, see what Live Chat has to say, after 10:15 or whenever they come back today.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Enable Show Hidden Files in your Folder/View settings, uninstall the Now player, and then look in you Local/LocalLow/Roaming folders (assuming Windows 11 is not that different to Windows 10 in this area) and delete any files or folders still left that reference Now or Cisco.

Carry out a Registry Clean In CCLEANER, or other similar utility of your choice, and remove any values relating to Now or Cisco (or everything it finds, if you trust CCleaner, which I do).

Then restart the computer and try reinstalling the app.

If it still doesn’t work, see what Live Chat has to say, after 10:15 or whenever they come back today.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.