cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV Player.exe - Entry Point Not Found

Hi!

Recently signed up to Now TV and downloaded the player however when I go to watch anything the below error message appears:

'NOW TV Player.exe - Entry Point Not Found - The procedure entry point Shell_NotifyIconGetRect could not be located in the dynamic link library SHELL32.dll'

Now I'm not computer savvy in the least so any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Don't worry you are not alone with this error of "Entry point not found" a few members on here have reported this using the nowtv player on their PC's.

What version of Windows are you running ?

The nowtv player seems to be given a few PC owners trouble.

Unless anybody else comes up with any ideas how to fix this, what i would suggest is if you are using Windows 8.1 or above try the dedicated NowTV App which you can find at the Windows Store.

Alternatively if you are running Windows 7, perhaps try Windows Internet Explorer 11 with Silverlight, this link will explain how to install it.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/google-chrome-silverlight-compatibility 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnapps

Appreciate the help!

I'm on Windows Vista (...yes there are still people out there using Vista!)

I will give the below a whirl but I'm going to guess my ancient laptop and equally ancient OS might be to blame....

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I don't believe Windows Vista is compatible with my two alternative suggestions.

Hopefully, somebody else on here will come to your rescue.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The only other thing that i can suggest is try a different internet browser when using the nowtv player.

According to the nowtv player help guide you can use Firefox, Chrome or Microsoft Edge. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just been typing to the Nowtv help line. 25/7/2017

I was watching Nowtv successfully with Windows Vista and the Mozilla Firefox browser on an old PC.

It now will not work and wanted me to download the Nowtv player, which I did several times. Running the Nowtv Player got the error “The Procedure entry point shell NotifyIconGetRect could not be located in the dynamic link library SHELL32 “.

The help person sent me a seperate link for the Nowtv player which also did not work.

I was then told that the Nowtv player did not work with Windows Vista as windows had stopped using the Silverlight plugin. I asked if a change of browser would work and was told that the solution was to upgrade to windows 7.

I have tried setting the firefox add-ons with the silverlight plug in always activated but still no success.

Looks as though, when the main Tv is occupied, I will have to watch Nowtv on the smaller screen of my windows 10 laptop?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

the procedure entry point?consoleAPImessage etc attached to myentrypoint message. I had no problem with any of my devices until i upgraded the nowtv app which i noticed is not available at the moment in  microsoft apps. Can anybody help? I get as far as getting into the programmes it asks me to change to edge and then gives me the message. I have tried not changing but same problem.