cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV Player 6.7.0.0 crashing on loading

Running Windows 10 Home edition

Since updating the NOW TV Player app to version 6.7.0.0 the application crashes before loading.

The player loads a black screen for ~5 seconds, followed by a blue screen for ~2 seconds. The app then closes. I have attempted reinstalling multiple times with no success.

(Nerdy Information)

Looking at the Event Viewer in windows the application reports an error

The general details are:

Faulting application name: NOW TV Player.exe, version: 6.7.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ba8f866
Faulting module name: PCShowServer.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c69eeb3

And a more event details are

EventData
 NOW TV Player.exe
 5ba8f866
 PCShowServer.dll
 5c69eeb3
 c0000005
 0028be8d
 d7c
 01d4fa09bc996c5d
 C:\Users\*****\AppData\Roaming\NOW TV\NOW TV Player\NOW TV Player.exe
 C:\Users\*****\AppData\Roaming\NOW TV\NOW TV Player\resources\app.asar.unpacked\node_modules\@sky-uk-ott\client-lib-electron-cisco-videoguard\bin\win32\PCShowServer.dll
 f26bd422-ffc1-4c09-97fb-8d60ca13a16a

I do not really expect a solution to this issue from the community but if engineers stray across this post hopefully it is useful to them

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Me too. Could do with some help. I've only managed to watch one thing on NowTV so far.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I apologies for using your problem to tag along.

Running Windows 10 Pro edition

Same problem as above. I’ve just joined yesterday, only managed to watch one program on my laptop then today the NOW TV Player app, version 6.7.0.0 crashed when trying to start?!?

It loads a black screen for maybe 5-6 seconds, then changes to a blue screen for 2-3 seconds and then dishappear?

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the player and cleared all cookies multiple times, still not working. It’s frustrating that I cannot call a number and speak with someone to sort this out!! Not a good start of my subscription!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

SOLVED

Thanks to opening a chat window on NowTV help (they were very helpful)

Clear cache and browsing history, then download a version for Windows 10 at:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/now-tv/9wzdncrdm157?activetab=pivot%3Aoverviewtab

Obviously if you're on a different OS you might need a different version

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Navigate to C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow

Delete the Cisco folder

Open NowTV Player and it should work.

If this doesn't fix it, delete that cisco folder as well as any NowTV folder inside C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming 

Then reinstall NowTV Player

Tested on Windows 10 x64

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thats worked for me on latest player as well. deleting cisco folder.