cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Croftie
Scholar

Re: NOW TV Installation could not be completed. Please try again...

@Bellsonit wrote:

I'm a bit dumb and found this thread as I'm having the issue and am in the terminal and did some research and tried this:

myname$ sudo installer -store -app "/Users/myname/downloads/nowtv.app" - target/

Entered my password and got this:

installer: invalid option -app
Usage: installer [-help] [-dominfo] [-volinfo] [-pkginfo] [-allowUntrusted] [-dumplog]
                 [-verbose | -verboseR] [-vers] [-config] [-plist]
                 [-file <pathToFile>] [-lang <ISOLanguageCode>] [-listiso]
                 [-showChoicesXML] [-applyChoiceChangesXML <pathToFile>]
                 [-showChoicesAfterApplyingChangesXML <pathtoFile>]
                 -pkg <pathToPackage>
                 -target <[DomainKey|MountPoint]>

What should I be putting in there pretty please?

hi, im sorry you are having trouble with the terminal. If you are still stuck i will be uploading a more in depth walk through later this morning after doing the school run.

Thanks

Croftie

0 Thanks
Croftie
Scholar

@Bellsonit

@MamaSarah

Too any who need help please try the following easier walkthrough.

1. remove all versions of now tv from mac.

2. restart mac

3. navigate to https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-now-tv-on-a-mac and download the player.

4. navigate to the location of the download. right click the now tv install and select show package contents.

5. navigate contents - macOs.

6. run Install NowTv . a terminal window should open. DO NOT WORRY IT WILL STILL FAIL THE INSTALL !!!

7. in the terminal window you need to look for this towards the very end. The exact location will most likely be different.

installer: Error the package path specified was invalid: '/var/folders/0_/dxkn_c1152v964nglm555_5c0000gn/T/tmp-NOWTVPlayer-Mac.dmg’.”

8. Now open a finder window and navigate to your macintosh hd. (go/computer/macintosh hd)

9. Input cmd+shift+ .

10. you should now see all hidden files.

11. Navigate to the location given in the error in your terminal window and find and run the “tmp-Nowtvplayer-mac.dmg”

12. follow install instructions.

13. navigate to nowtv.com, login, start watching !!

14. to hide the hidden files in macintosh hd input. cmd + shift + .

0 Thanks
Highlighted

Thanks @Croftie for taking the time to do this, mega helpful! My process ended up slightly different so if anyone else struggles, I did this (I am a complete novice btw, so i may have overcomplicated it) 

9. Input cmd+shift+ . (this didnt work for me, don't ask why) I instead went to terminal and inputted 

"defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES"

10. you should now see all hidden files. (The Var file for me was opaque and I couldnt access it) 

10.b I went to finder and pressed "cmd + Shift + G"

10. c Follow the error message path through to step 11! 

11. Navigate to the location given in the error in your terminal window and find and run the “tmp-Nowtvplayer-mac.dmg”

12. follow install instructions.

Thanks again @Croftie

0 Thanks
srpsrp1
Advocate

worked for me ! I 

Simon-2nd-iMac:MacOS sparker$ pwd

/Users/sparker/Downloads/Install NOW TV.app/Contents/MacOS

Simon-2nd-iMac:MacOS sparker$ ls

Install NOW TV

Simon-2nd-iMac:MacOS sparker$ sudo ./I*

installer: Error the package path specified was invalid: '/var/folders/zz/zyxvpxvq6csfxvn_n0000000000000/T/tmp-NOWTVPlayer-Mac.dmg'.

copy the the player app into apps it;s is in the .dmg image

sudo cp /var/folders/zz/zyxvpxvq6csfxvn_n0000000000000/T/tmp-NOWTVPlayer-Mac.dmg .

(. represents the current directory)

I had to start the player manually or I still got a 'your now tv is out of date"

Thanks!

0 Thanks