cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV Installation could not be completed. Please try again...

Hi, I've spent hours for days and days trying to instal NowTV so I can watch the shows I've subscribed to, but I keep getting this message 'Installation could not be completed. Please try again.' I do try again - have done, several times. Have unsubscribed from NowTV 3 times over the past 2 years because this is the same each time. Another year later and I thought just maybe it would be fixed... Any ideas please? I'm running a Macbook Pro OS X El Capitain Version 10.11.4  Thanks in advance of assistance. 

23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

Sounds like I'm having a similar issue - not too technical, I've got the terminal open but what command do I need to type in to run the install?

Thanks in advance!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Uninstalled Now TV but couldn't find as it wasn't working but then the instructions how to reinstall it went. No gelp anywhere not even on the site.   Tried contact with chat but they took forever. First time I used it, missed my match. If I can't resolve it will use NETFKIX.  Help

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No luck on my end....

I had to change chmod on the hidden .dmg to be able to mount and install the player. Even then, the app still opened with an error VGC-4253024414:4240441601

If this is truly a recommended fix, I don't know how on Earth this is expected to be performed by the majority Mac users who have no familiarity with the terminal. Mac stability and support has been appalling from day one. How this circus can persist is utterly beyond me...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Hyt,

Im sorry you didnt find my fix very easy to complete and that you then found a completley different error when loading. 

Next time i promise i will try and spend even more of my free time solving these issues and then sharing them with fellow users.

I really do look forward to seeing your updated much easier solution soon.

Yours tolerantly

Croftie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Trooper 91, the easiest method:

1) Right click on the installer (in your downloads folder)

2) Choose 'Show Package Contents'

3) Navigate to the installer file in 'Contents' -> 'Mac OS'

4) Drag and drop that into Terminal and hit enter.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. Thanks for the help- the player is installed....but now I have a new error message when I try to play anything: VGC-4253024414:4240441601. Anyone encountered this?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi, im glad you managed to get the player to install. however im very sorry that is not an error i am aware of. i will have a little look and see if i can find anything for you later but i wouldnt hold your breath. i really hope you find a solution soon. (always worth checking that any antivirus or malware software isnt blocking the app)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi, im sorry you are having trouble with the terminal. If you are still stuck i will be uploading a more in depth walk through later this morning after doing the school run.

Thanks

Croftie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I'm a bit dumb and found this thread as I'm having the issue and am in the terminal and did some research and tried this:

myname$ sudo installer -store -app "/Users/myname/downloads/nowtv.app" - target/

Entered my password and got this:

installer: invalid option -app
Usage: installer [-help] [-dominfo] [-volinfo] [-pkginfo] [-allowUntrusted] [-dumplog]
                 [-verbose | -verboseR] [-vers] [-config] [-plist]
                 [-file <pathToFile>] [-lang <ISOLanguageCode>] [-listiso]
                 [-showChoicesXML] [-applyChoiceChangesXML <pathToFile>]
                 [-showChoicesAfterApplyingChangesXML <pathtoFile>]
                 -pkg <pathToPackage>
                 -target <[DomainKey|MountPoint]>

What should I be putting in there pretty please?

hi, im sorry you are having trouble with the terminal. If you are still stuck i will be uploading a more in depth walk through later this morning after doing the school run.

Thanks

Croftie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

@Anonymous User

Too any who need help please try the following easier walkthrough.

1. remove all versions of now tv from mac.

2. restart mac

3. navigate to https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-now-tv-on-a-mac and download the player.

4. navigate to the location of the download. right click the now tv install and select show package contents.

5. navigate contents - macOs.

6. run Install NowTv . a terminal window should open. DO NOT WORRY IT WILL STILL FAIL THE INSTALL !!!

7. in the terminal window you need to look for this towards the very end. The exact location will most likely be different.

installer: Error the package path specified was invalid: '/var/folders/0_/dxkn_c1152v964nglm555_5c0000gn/T/tmp-NOWTVPlayer-Mac.dmg’.”

8. Now open a finder window and navigate to your macintosh hd. (go/computer/macintosh hd)

9. Input cmd+shift+ .

10. you should now see all hidden files.

11. Navigate to the location given in the error in your terminal window and find and run the “tmp-Nowtvplayer-mac.dmg”

12. follow install instructions.

13. navigate to nowtv.com, login, start watching !!

14. to hide the hidden files in macintosh hd input. cmd + shift + .