cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV Installation could not be completed. Please try again...

Hi, I've spent hours for days and days trying to instal NowTV so I can watch the shows I've subscribed to, but I keep getting this message 'Installation could not be completed. Please try again.' I do try again - have done, several times. Have unsubscribed from NowTV 3 times over the past 2 years because this is the same each time. Another year later and I thought just maybe it would be fixed... Any ideas please? I'm running a Macbook Pro OS X El Capitain Version 10.11.4  Thanks in advance of assistance. 

23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous User for taking the time to do this, mega helpful! My process ended up slightly different so if anyone else struggles, I did this (I am a complete novice btw, so i may have overcomplicated it) 

9. Input cmd+shift+ . (this didnt work for me, don't ask why) I instead went to terminal and inputted 

"defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES"

10. you should now see all hidden files. (The Var file for me was opaque and I couldnt access it) 

10.b I went to finder and pressed "cmd + Shift + G"

10. c Follow the error message path through to step 11! 

11. Navigate to the location given in the error in your terminal window and find and run the “tmp-Nowtvplayer-mac.dmg”

12. follow install instructions.

Thanks again @Anonymous User

Anonymous User
Not applicable

worked for me ! I 

Simon-2nd-iMac:MacOS sparker$ pwd

/Users/sparker/Downloads/Install NOW TV.app/Contents/MacOS

Simon-2nd-iMac:MacOS sparker$ ls

Install NOW TV

Simon-2nd-iMac:MacOS sparker$ sudo ./I*

installer: Error the package path specified was invalid: '/var/folders/zz/zyxvpxvq6csfxvn_n0000000000000/T/tmp-NOWTVPlayer-Mac.dmg'.

copy the the player app into apps it;s is in the .dmg image

sudo cp /var/folders/zz/zyxvpxvq6csfxvn_n0000000000000/T/tmp-NOWTVPlayer-Mac.dmg .

(. represents the current directory)

I had to start the player manually or I still got a 'your now tv is out of date"

Thanks!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

know your message was a little while back but I may be able to help. 

1.remove all versions of now tv from your computer and restart.

2.download the installer but do not run yet. 

3.open the terminal and run the installer as admin. Don't worry that it doesn't install.

4.in the nowtv terminal window that will have opened during the failed install look in the last few lines for "error the package path specified was invalid" 

5. Navigate to folder location specified after the error and copy the "nowtv player. Dmg" to your destop and run.

6. Installation complete !!! Sit back and enjoy !

@Anonymous User Your a legend. Any chance you can assist @Anonymous User above as he can't find the file needed to complete the install.