cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV Installation could not be completed. Please try again...

Hi, I've spent hours for days and days trying to instal NowTV so I can watch the shows I've subscribed to, but I keep getting this message 'Installation could not be completed. Please try again.' I do try again - have done, several times. Have unsubscribed from NowTV 3 times over the past 2 years because this is the same each time. Another year later and I thought just maybe it would be fixed... Any ideas please? I'm running a Macbook Pro OS X El Capitain Version 10.11.4  Thanks in advance of assistance. 

23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just complained about the exact same thing. I've been told to use other supported devices and that I will get a response to my complaint when the issue is fixed. In that you've had this issue for so long I'm not holding out much hope. I may just have to cancel as you have. I think it's disgusting that their only response to a known issue is to tell you to buy more kit and that they think it's acceptable to not respond to complaints until an issue is fixed. Why don;t they just own up to it not working rather than letting Mac users pay for something they can't use?

Bunch of crooks.

I will not be recommending this service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same here and I've given up. I've raised the issue twice on this forum and not had a reply to either post. 

@Karl-F posted a topic a couple of weeks ago (https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mac-OS/NOW-TV-Player-on-Windows-amp-Mac/m-p/465086#M3828) apologising for the problems with NowTV on Mac's and that they are working on the issue, but that's all that was said, no timescale. 

I've cancelled all my subscriptions as I only wanted to watch on my Mac! 

It is interesting that NowTV was working fine on my old MacBook Pro 13". I then changed to a new 15" running precisely the same version of OS X and it won't install. So I'm guessing that the older version of NowTV that was on my old 13" did in fact work and that they have introduced a problem with a newer version. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

know your message was a little while back but I may be able to help. 

1.remove all versions of now tv from your computer and restart.

2.download the installer but do not run yet. 

3.open the terminal and run the installer as admin. Don't worry that it doesn't install.

4.in the nowtv terminal window that will have opened during the failed install look in the last few lines for "error the package path specified was invalid" 

5. Navigate to folder location specified after the error and copy the "nowtv player. Dmg" to your destop and run.

6. Installation complete !!! Sit back and enjoy !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have opened the terminal and found the error message but i cant seem to actually locate the .dmg file even though the path has a location after the error message it just says the file im searching for does not exist?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Brilliant sounds like you are most of the way there. I will try and help talk you though finding the file. 

I need you to check that you can see the location of the directory we are looking for in the terminal error report.

1. Open a finder window and navigate to the macintosh hd folder.

2. Press cmd + shift + . 

3. You should now be able to see hidden files. To hide the files again when you have finished navigate back to the macintosh hd folder and press the key combination again.

4.navigate to the location shown in the error report. It is possible that it will not let you open the final folder. If this is the case simply copy the folder to your desktop (it may ask for your admin passwors).

5. Open the folder and find the nowtv dmg file and run. Hopefully it will run and install without issue ! 

If you need anymore help let me know.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great! that sorted it. Thank you for your help you are definitely a ledgend!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm glad it worked and im always happy to help ! Enjoy your now tv !!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I decided to have another crack at resolving this issue are facing it for the last three months. NOW TV support chat was useless, no one knew how to resolve it.

This absolutlely fixed it first time; you're a god send, can't thank you enough. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm a bit dumb and found this thread as I'm having the issue and am in the terminal and did some research and tried this:

myname$ sudo installer -store -app "/Users/myname/downloads/nowtv.app" - target/

Entered my password and got this:

installer: invalid option -app
Usage: installer [-help] [-dominfo] [-volinfo] [-pkginfo] [-allowUntrusted] [-dumplog]
                 [-verbose | -verboseR] [-vers] [-config] [-plist]
                 [-file <pathToFile>] [-lang <ISOLanguageCode>] [-listiso]
                 [-showChoicesXML] [-applyChoiceChangesXML <pathToFile>]
                 [-showChoicesAfterApplyingChangesXML <pathtoFile>]
                 -pkg <pathToPackage>
                 -target <[DomainKey|MountPoint]>

What should I be putting in there pretty please?