cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV App for Windows 10

Hi

I have reset my Windows laptop and therefore needed to reinstall Now TV app. It worked well prior to reset but now it launches and then displays the Oops message and forces me to exit.

I have uninstalled and then re-installed 

I have not be asked to log in so I guess that could be the issue but there is no oppotunity to do so

All suggestion gratefully received 

Thanks

Jim

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Are we talking about the dedicated NowTV App from the Microsoft Store or the NowTV player ?

What happens if you go to My Account > Manage Devices and delete the Windows PC with the NowTV App from your list and then delete the App and download the NowTV App again from the Microsoft Store.

Once you have re installed the App see if there is an option to sign in with your nowtv account details and try playing some nowtv content.

It's a bit of a long shot, but worth a try.

Also if you are getting no luck, have you tried the NowTV player alternative option with your internet browser via the nowtv website.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Thanks for the reply - I did remove the device from my list before reinstalling the App Store App.

I would have expected to then have to sign in again but no.

Since posting I have downloaded the NowTV App from the web but really want to get back to the single click solution I had previously.

It can't be this difficult so probably missed something

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Just a thought if you had too reset your Windows PC is there anything in the PC settings such has region or country which is preventing the NowTV App from working ?

Sorry i can't offer any more advice where i don't use my PC for watching NowTV.

Hopefully somebody with more knowledge than me with regards to PC's and the Windows NowTV App will come to your assistance.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your thoughts - I'll keep plugging away - there will be something preventing it working

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had trouble signing in to the dedicated Nowtv app as I keep getting an error message. Had to wait all morning to speak to someone on live chat and he had no idea what I was talking about with the app. Kept going on about the nowtv player, but could not tell me about the app I was using. He has got me to download Nowtv player; so now I have to use a multi step process just to watch a simple film (log in to browse slow website, select movie, click play, wait for separate app to open, watch on separate app, close separate app to be able to choose something else) this is a really slow process to do what the app was doing all in one. Yet NO ONE WILL TELL ME WHY THE APP DOESN'T WORK!!! This is clearly and known or common problem, so some info should have been given.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

NowTV have deprecated the app, and are leaving it to rot. So Live Chat will display zero interest in it being broken, or in getting anyone going again on it.

And there is talk that the latest Windows update has stopped it working.

So everyone is being funnelled to the browser/player combination now.

Like you, I find this inexplicable; this is the approach that should have been left to rot, while the integrated one-stop-shop Windows Store app should be fixed and promoted.

With the browser/player, though, if you turn on ‘Show hidden files’ in Windows and hunt for the Player part of it in all that Local/Low/Roaming stuff that is suddenly revealed in your Windows Account, you can then put a shortcut to it on your Desktop.

And fire up NowTV by clicking on that. It may still need to use the browser, but when it does, this way round, it will start the browser for you, and place you in it. 

It is infinitely preferable, if we have to use it, to use it as a Player/Browser, rather than as a Browser/Player 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

Just to report that I went and tried both the Microsoft Store NowTV app, and the Browser/Player combination, on 64-bit Windows 10 version 1909, and both worked fine.

So your problems with it aren’t based on the OS update.

My current issues are:-

Samsung TV app - will not run.

iPad Browser/Player - Player invocation not working in Safari. Though it works in Chrome, and if you invoke the Player directly.

So I am far from troublefree, but have no issues with either PC version.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Gosh same issues now December 2021

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have a nosy at this thread.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/PC-Mac/Now-TV-Player-not-working/td-p/543900/jump-to/first-unread-message

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help