cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV App Windows 10 not working error code 80070241

Hi,

I've been trying to watch NOW TV on my Windows 10 laptop for several days now with no luck.  I can install (version 1.19.0.2). But when I choose a channel or film to watch I get the following message :

"Something's not right.  A problem is preventing playback.  Please try again or visit NOWTV.com help. (80070241)".

I've followed the meagre advice on the website to close and try again, switch it off and on again and also uninstalled and reinstalled several times but to no avail.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

Many thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

That error code looks like a Windows generated code to me.

I don't use my PC with regards to watching nowtv so i won't be much use too you, apart from if you get no further help on here from either a NowTV Team member or a Windows PC user who has come across this error code in the past, then maybe try Googling Windows error 80070241.

If you are still getting no joy, then perhaps has an alternative method to watch NowTV on your PC is to use an internet browser when going to their website and use their NowTV player software instead of the NowTV App that you have been currently using.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-now-tv-on-windows

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still having these issues, now tv has been no help at all. Please someone help me fix this. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Change your windows 10 to S mode. Now tv works fine now. I’m not computer savvy but googled the same problem you have. Hope it works.