cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Monthly device limit reached

Well this is annoying enought to cancel a subscription...

I signed up on my laptop. Watched first film on iPad. All good.

Then using media PC on TV wanted to watch a film but needed to remove laptop from devices. Not really an issue but annoying all the same. Oh, and quality of stream was worse than NetFlix and LoveFilm, but put up with it. Like watching a pirate move from the 90's 🙂

Hotle tonight. Can I watch on the iMac in the room? No. Just a black screen. Same happened on media PC so assume it is the device limit. Remove iPad from device list. Still doesn't work. OK, I've got my iPad with me. Goes to watch film..."You have already used up your monthly allowance for adding new devices on your NOW TV account" Useless.

I wanted to like NOW TV as LoveFilm and NetFlix have such crap streaming selections - but they at leat work. I've had zero technical issues on a number of deivces with those services. Why can't this be just as easy?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear Glenda,

as you can see in the previous post, you can only make one device change per month. It looks as though you have done this and so you can add a new device as this will be another change.

Please do let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards

Kathrin

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

194 REPLIES 194
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just signed up for the service on my laptop but did not watch a film. I then tried a film on the ipad and It worked fine. I have then tried on my youview box and was told that I had reached the device limit. I checked my account land only the ipad was registered. I removed this so that no devices were on thlousiest but I still couldn't view it on my youview box. I have also tried my xbox and this also gives the same message. If I try again on my ipad it wont allow me to watch on here.

I would like to be able to watch on either my xbox or youview box. Can you please help as currently my trial is pointless as I can't watch it on anything.

Thanks

Lee

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jibbsy,

Thanks for your post.

You can find the answer to your question here.

Regards

Igor

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This only making one change a month for devices is ridiculous.  It's a massive hindrance trying to get NOWTV to play on multi media

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Your maximum device activity limit has been reached, i only have my ipad registered ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Raddy,

Thanks for the post.

As I need to disscuss your account, I have sent you a private message.

Thanks,

Aaron

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had a problem with watching films on my ipad tonight. It says that I can't watch a film because 2 devices are already being used but I was half way through a film when it stopped and said this and now I can't watch anything. I have only ever used my ipad and Xbox and have not had problems till now.
Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi Dan50cent,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Please find the full explanation of the cause and solution for this error here: Simultaneous Streams.

I realise that seems to apply to the PC only, but it's possible on other devices too. If waiting 10 minutes doesn't clear the issue up, I recommend deleting the NOW TV app, restarting your iPad and reinstalling the app.

If your issue is that you have too many devices registered, please find information on that here: Device Management.

Hope this helps,

Jason

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is some kind of a joke. We have got two laptops and had system re-installed on both. This would not let us watch films due to devices limit reached. I have removed both old laptops (so it only left Android smartphone on the list) and added one laptop. Now I am trying to activate it on the other laptop and it does not allow me to!

This is 21st century guys! I appreciate this is attempt to limit abuse of this service but so annoying. And please, do not tell me that I am allowed to make one change per month as I already know this. Please try being a bit more constructive!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mila,

Sorry to hear you are having issues viewing.

It does sound like it is an error on our side, but we would like to fix this for you.

I would suggest coming onto our Live Chat service so that we can help troubleshoot this more effectively for you. Just select the following drop downs and click 'GO'.

What is your query about? > Devices

The reason we need you to come onto Live Chat is that we will have to ask you a few security questions to be able to process a resolve for you.

Live Chat is available from 10am-10pm 7 days a week.

Kind Regards,

Sara

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is getting more and more annoying. You recommend going on Live Chat, the link directs me to Contact Us page and after choosing suggested options it displays some random questions from community with options to email or go back to the community pages. Viscious circle. Where on earth is LIVE CHAT?

I have really not seen worse customer services in my life. I am really surprised you have got any customers at all. If you think it is error on your side (which I think it is) just reset the thing rather than ask pointless security questions.