cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Monthly device limit reached

Well this is annoying enought to cancel a subscription...

I signed up on my laptop. Watched first film on iPad. All good.

Then using media PC on TV wanted to watch a film but needed to remove laptop from devices. Not really an issue but annoying all the same. Oh, and quality of stream was worse than NetFlix and LoveFilm, but put up with it. Like watching a pirate move from the 90's 🙂

Hotle tonight. Can I watch on the iMac in the room? No. Just a black screen. Same happened on media PC so assume it is the device limit. Remove iPad from device list. Still doesn't work. OK, I've got my iPad with me. Goes to watch film..."You have already used up your monthly allowance for adding new devices on your NOW TV account" Useless.

I wanted to like NOW TV as LoveFilm and NetFlix have such crap streaming selections - but they at leat work. I've had zero technical issues on a number of deivces with those services. Why can't this be just as easy?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear Glenda,

as you can see in the previous post, you can only make one device change per month. It looks as though you have done this and so you can add a new device as this will be another change.

Please do let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards

Kathrin

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

194 REPLIES 194
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i spoke to someone on live chat before about resetting my devices list which would take 2 hours to do and its been three hours and i still cant watch any films! i cant believe am paying for somthing i cant use!!!! 
p.s this only happened because my laptop updated itself from windows 8 to windows 8.1 , and nowtv wont recognise it as the same device !!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi shaughness1990,

Thanks for letting us know!

Sorry it had taken so long.

I have sent you a private message with some account related info in it.

If you need anything else just give us a shout.

All the best,

Shannon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I've had a similar issue. I've already made one change to the device list this month and was looking to make another due to changing pc's. As I had already used alll four device slots, unfortuanately I couldn't identify which device was to be removed so I removed the 3 slots that I knew were PC/Laptops. As I have already made one change this month I now can't seem to add the new device. Please could you help so that I dont need to wait a whole month before I use the service. 

thank and regards

Anonymous User
Not applicable
All you do is speak to an online advisor and ask them to reset your devices
list and it'll work again 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the help. How do I speak to these advisor?  is their a button or link that I need to click?

Thanks.

D.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi dsamaki,

Thank you for your post.

As it is account related I have sent you a private message.

Thanks,

Zaheer

NOW TV Team.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi ive recently purchased a second now tv box and i have waited just over a month to add this device and it still wont work i already have 2 devices setup a PS3 and now tv box im not sure why i cant add a third device please help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi KrazyPotato,

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear of your issue. I've sent you a private message, please check it out. 

Kind regards,

Aylin

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also having problems with device limits. My two daughters use this account to watch films and at times all four of our family laptops have been used. One of my girls went to watch on her new tablet the other day and due to the device limit I believe she deleted some devices. However, it may be that she has made more than one change in the last month and now we are left not being able to watch at all. I cannot watch from my own laptop, one has a virus and is unuseable and the other two are being used for other things. I can't find the list on the website which should tell me which of our devices are currently useable - Sky, please can you help!!! I'm really not very happy with this service. I'm sure our family is not unusual in having a lot of different devices. Each is used in different circumstances and at the moment I am paying but half the time we can't use it. My husband will be working away soon too - probably too much to ask for him to be able to log on and watch from his tablet?!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you have used up your changes for the month and then removed all your devices so you wouldnt be able to add any more or use any other devices.

As stated within the Device Managment page you can add up to 4 devices and make 1 change per month.

Please bear this in mind when using the service to avoid this happening.

On this occasion we have allowed your changes and now you can add 4 devices.

Char

NOW TV Team