cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

MacOs: Final Cut Pro X stopping NowTV App from playing

This is crazy! Why can't watch NowTV whilst using Final Cut Pro X? The app comes up with a screen capturing software detected error?

I don't know of any way to capture my screen from within Final cut?

Please fix ASAP, will demand my money back if not sorted as this is now useless to me. Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You can capture your screen with QuickTime to bring it into FCPX.

Or maybe you have an add-in that will do this, and which NowTV is objecting to?

Anyway, I admire your multi-tasking abilities, to be able to edit video while watching streamed TV.

Apropos of your money back, do you have nothing else that you can watch NowTV on, or can you not shut down FCPX while watching it? Each would seem to merit full screen, or do you have multiple monitors?

And it may be little consolation now, but it’s worth noting that NowTV offer a 7 days free trial, during which you could have established that NowTV does not run under your preferred way of working, before spending out on it?

Hopefully, though, your expenditure has been only a few quid on a month’s Movies or Entertainment, and not a £199 Season Sports Pass....

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Totally agree...thought id watch the game while editing and the shiite thing doesnt work!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi NowTV...

Can you please fix this issue? Final Cut can't do screen recording so it's unfair that you prohibit the use of this app while watching Now TV.

I'm sure many people like to have the football on while they work, please solve this asap! 

Thanks.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 
This is a customer forum. You are best to contact Now TV directly.

Feel free to drop them an email to customer support. Address is on the below picture.

886652B9-54BF-44F6-84C9-305A71933C59.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help