cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

MacOS - cannot play due to screen capture

This is ridiculous, you are making your security problem an issue for normal customers.

I cannot play on my Mac due to this with error code 

Error code: VGC-4253024462:4253024462

I have tried closing all apps that I think are screen capture but no luck.

There is no information on what the actual problem is - does anyone in the right mind think this is an acceptable solution to force on your customers ??

How do I fix this ?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had similar issue on Windows but traced this error down to having installed Panopto video editing/creation software which even though wasn't running registered as being available to NowTV. Having uninstalled Panopto NowTV back to running smoothly with no errors.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had this problem, resolved it by quitting iMovie.  Probably best to quit any other video app while you use the NowTV player.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just had the same issue for the first time. Nothing else open now, including web pages with other streaming services which were originally open. Just Now webpages and the Now app. Still getting the error message. Why is this happening??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue on Windows. No screen capture software on my laptop and no other apps open, but seems to throw this issue up intermittently. Pretty irritating.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

If you run up Task Manager and look at the running processes and services, you will see the very large number of things that are going on even when there are no actual apps running.

And any one of these, or several of them, may be what the Now software is complaining about.

It really should not be beyond the wit of the Now software, when it complains, to at least enumerate what service, process or app it is complaining about, so we know what to stop, and if we want to.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.