cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mac player still not working.

I am watching on a MacBook air, i am able to watch any other service with no issues (im getting roughly 50 Mbps). Now tv works on my xbox aswell as on other laptops. But when i try and watch on my macbook i just get a black screen with no playback controls. My laptop does however work on other networks, it seems to be the combination of my laptop and my home network that stops it all working.

I have been in contact with technicians which have offered help but with no resolution!

If anyone has faced the same issue or has any idea how to resolve this, it would be greatly appretiated.

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't understand how to do this bit onwards????

The problem with the script is that it installs the "NOW TV Player.app in //Users/yourusername/Applications folder. So simply copy the "NOW TV Player.app" from that location to your Applications folder.

Please help before I launch the Mac out of the window

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Brilliant ... worked perfectly ... I ran the upgrade script from a MacOS terminal window and noted it failed on the PATH ... it put the new .dmg file in /var/folders/p_/..../T/tmp-NOWTVPlayer-Mac.dmg 

So I copied this file to my home directory and double clicked on the DMG file to install the package ...

It worked !!!! I now have the Ryder Cup ... 

Please NOWTV rework your BASH script to work ... come on its not that hard!!! Rather than annoy / lose customers!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So .... for a numbty, how do you run the installer from terminal as adminstrator please?

What is the step by step process in words of one syllable???

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is what worked after i read the comments on this thread

1. Download the installer
  2. Locate the file and right click on the "Install NOW TV.app" file and select "Show Package Contents"
  3. Open the "MacOS" subfolder, and you will find "Install NOW TV" as an executable file
  4. Open the file and terminal will start the installation. Let this run till end. When its finished the app usually says ‘installation could not be completed’, ignore this.
  5. Look at the terminal window and scroll down to the bottom
  6. Locate the entry “installer: Error the package path specified was invalid: '/var/folders/63/h7xcc1656032mscgynk21lvc0000gn/T/tmp-NOWTVPlayer-Mac.dmg'.” This was the file name I had but yours may be different
  7. Copy the file address, in this example “/var/folders/63/h7xcc1656032mscgynk21lvc0000gn/T/tmp-NOWTVPlayer-Mac.dmg'.”
  8. Open finder and select go in the top menu, paste the file name
  9. Open the file and drag the installer into your applications folder
  10. Use as normal

Hope this helps!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This worked perfectly. 

Had to go back onto website and re-download, but it has worked, and now playing fine on Mac.

👍

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried all the suggestions here and I can honestly say,.... that it is not working for MacBook pro on OS X

Chrome or Firefox... makes no XXXX difference.

So, I pay every month for a digital streaming service that clearly does not work on my laptop. It used to, but now it does not. Money back?... I doubt.

A simple solution would be appreciated. And there is no way I am going to spend time hacking my own computer to get your silly app to work.

Just fix it and send me the correct download.

I don't think it's to much to ask when you take a monthly fee... from 10,000's of mac users.

Check out amazon prime.... it works fine.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did that and it still doesn't work:(

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've not been able to use NowTV on my Macbook pro for months. Just upgraded to 10.14 Mojave and started from scratch and its worked fine.....massive relief.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just went into my finder and deleted all Now tv players on my mac and opened it up to re download but the player worked just fine.