cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mac player still not working.

I am watching on a MacBook air, i am able to watch any other service with no issues (im getting roughly 50 Mbps). Now tv works on my xbox aswell as on other laptops. But when i try and watch on my macbook i just get a black screen with no playback controls. My laptop does however work on other networks, it seems to be the combination of my laptop and my home network that stops it all working.

I have been in contact with technicians which have offered help but with no resolution!

If anyone has faced the same issue or has any idea how to resolve this, it would be greatly appretiated.

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So far? It's a common problem with no way to resolve it permanently. Apparently since they switched players it has beena problem off and on for MAC users, making people angry and begging for it to be switched back or just ending their service altogether. It's not a problem on other apple devices, only on their computer laptops. My best guess is something about the coding for the new player is off, it working well on other computers but isn't translating well to MAC. It works and then it stops every time they update the system and it takes days or longer for the technicians to fix it, probably because the coders are scouring the code, trying to re-write whatever is causing the issue in the first place. 

It really sucks, I'm about sick of it. I've had it for over a month and the app hasn't worked on my computer almost 50% of the time. It's just randomly stopped working at least once a week for 1-5 days at a time. I don't even know why we are paying for a service that we cannot use and why they aren't doing more to stop this. If the new system isn't working right, they should be saying something or re-imbursing us or demanding their money back or that it be fixed by whomever did this to them or at the very least, making a public announcement and offering a lower price to MAC users until they can fix this. It's completely ridiculous to be paying for a service that doesn't work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i deleted the app on my mac then had to download chrome and reinstall it on there! a faff but it worked. hope this helps!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Won't work or even install on my macbook pro either. Tried it so many times and now just given up. I can use it OK on my iPhone and iPad. I've cancelled 2 out of three of my subscriptions. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

know your message was a little while back but I may be able to help. 

1.remove all versions of now tv from your computer and restart.

2.download the installer but do not run yet. 

3.open the terminal and run the installer as admin. Don't worry that it doesn't install.

4.in the nowtv terminal window that will have opened during the failed install look in the last few lines for "error the package path specified was invalid" 

5. Navigate to folder location specified after the error and copy the "nowtv player. Dmg" to your destop and run.

6. Installation complete !!! Sit back and enjoy !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please, someone help out the novice mac user with step by step instructions to get this bloody thing working!!!

Thanks in advance

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried this but it still doesn't work 😞 I think I'm going to give up, it seems impossible

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Open up the app first..you're welcome.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That also doesn’t work 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I haven't used the NOW TV player on my Mac since upgrading to OS High Sierra. So when I tried to use it last night NOW TV asked that I install the upgraded version of the NOW TV Player App. I ran the install a number of times, but the install did not appear to work. Reboot's did not change the error.

My version of the NOW TV Player App was 2.1.4. Each time that I ran the install the version was still 2.1.4. So I moved the NOW TV Player App into trash. It disappeared from my Applications. Then I ran the install again, and again, and again and again.... You get the picture. It never appeared in my Applications.

So I opened the downloaded file via MAC OS Finder. Right click on the "Install NOW TV.app" file and select "Show Package Contents". This will show the Contents and appropriate subfolders of the installer package. Open the "MacOS" subfolder, and you will find "Install NOW TV" as an executable. Double click the file and you will see the script running as the executable runs to install the NOW TV updagrade. The problem with the script is that it installs the "NOW TV Player.app in //Users/yourusername/Applications folder. So simply copy the "NOW TV Player.app" from that location to your Applications folder.

Sorted. It all works. I now note that my version of the "NOW TV Player.app" is now 5.1.0.

Hope this helps