cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cshim
First Poster

Re: Mac, black screen

same here... mac was working now I'm being forced to download the app which just shows blank screen... unhappy as this is my main method of watching nowtv!!!!

0 Thanks
pdhan
First Poster

Same here. If at least we could still use Silverlight as a backup, but no. Appalling. 

0 Thanks
jcbang
First Poster

Black screen with sound. Same as 2 weeks ago. Does not work in Firefox, Safari or Chrome. This is ridiculous.

I am running 10.11.06 so whould be the latest OS.

0 Thanks
Kpeg
First Poster

Yep,

I have had this since just before Christmas on my mac and I pay for Cinema and Entertainment.  I am gonna pull out and maybe when The Walking Dead comes back on they may resolve this nonsense. Why does Iplayer and Amazon Prime have no issues yet Now seems to have got it all wrong from the moment I signed up.  I am so glad its not a contract. 

Mac User

0 Thanks
rfoxxi1
First Poster

I too am having a perpetual-loading black screen after previously being able to see video. I don't even have audio now. Safari doesn't recognise the domain name at all and Firefox will load the black screen. Unhappy to have to be paying for a nonworking service. i'm on a Macbook version 10.13.1

Please advise!!!

0 Thanks
CleverFox
Occasional Poster

I'm having the exact same problem; It went from working perfectly fine to just black screen.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)

2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Any idea how and when this can be fixed?

0 Thanks
davidh909
First Poster

On my 2008 Mac Pro, running OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), I get the black screen & no audio problem.
On my 2015 Macbook Pro, running High Sierra (10.13.5), I get normal functionality.
It's probably not a hardware issue as the Mac Pro is, despite its age, arguably more powerful than the laptop, so I guess it's something to do with the OS.

0 Thanks
Mim7
Occasional Poster

Hi. I cannot get the nowTV player to work on my macbook pro. Its just a grey and black screen with no audio. Mt laptop is version OSX el capitan 10.11.6     I bought a pass and its been a total waste of money. i am not tech savvy. can anyone help? Thank you

0 Thanks
Highlighted
RoyB Mentor 2
Mentor 2

@Mim7 

Hi

Any reason you are still using El Capitan, and not upgrading to High Sierra or beyond?

What does your Mac show in System Preferences/Software Update?

Even though my iMac Retina 4K 21.5” Late 2015 has ‘Automatically keep my Mac up to date’ checked, it found an updated Mojave waiting to be installed (10.14.6) when I looked at it to write this Reply, and I have it ongoing now.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’.
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
Mim7
Occasional Poster

Hi
🙂 Thanks for your reply and assistance. ( its an older mac and i dont think i can upgrade it any further)
On my newer macbook I have downloaded  the Mojave 10.14.6 but I haven't tried buying another NOWTV package again in case it still doesn't work after I paid for it.Best wishesMiriam
0 Thanks