cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mac, black screen

I'm so sick to death of Now TV. It's just crap, so limiting. I pay for this, and it's just a hastle. 

I always had to use Safari because Now TV used silverlight which for the right reasons (security related) Google wouldn't support. So by default Sky condoned poor security behaviour.

Imagine my joy that the money I work for finally resulted in an independent app, followed with disappointment. IT DOESN'T WORK! I'm met with blackness. Nothing else. I want my money back.

You wouldn't pay for a toll road, only to be met with a closed road. This is a joke. I write software for a living, I'd lose my job if I led a team where this kind of contunual poor user experience and bad judgement pursuid. The Merdoch empire is vast, for god's sake, you have the resources for things to just work. God speed and make it happen.

39 REPLIES 39
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here...The app just doesn't work. Screen always blank..trying to write your own player is madness when there are platforms ready to go. Turning off SIlverlight before you have a working solution for all, is frankly absurd. I will not renew this time round.

Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 GHz QUad-Core Intel Xeon

26GB 1066 MHz DDR3 EEC

GeForce GT 120 512 MB

El Capitan 10.11.6

Safari Version 10.1.1 (11603.2.5)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

and yes I tried the fix..didnt work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having similar problem. Black screen on mac, no sound nothing!! Match is on and I have been struggling to get it running for last 1 hour...... so annoying! Tried on 3 browsers already. Can anyone help ??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

same here... mac was working now I'm being forced to download the app which just shows blank screen... unhappy as this is my main method of watching nowtv!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here. If at least we could still use Silverlight as a backup, but no. Appalling. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Black screen with sound. Same as 2 weeks ago. Does not work in Firefox, Safari or Chrome. This is ridiculous.

I am running 10.11.06 so whould be the latest OS.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep,

I have had this since just before Christmas on my mac and I pay for Cinema and Entertainment.  I am gonna pull out and maybe when The Walking Dead comes back on they may resolve this nonsense. Why does Iplayer and Amazon Prime have no issues yet Now seems to have got it all wrong from the moment I signed up.  I am so glad its not a contract. 

Mac User

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too am having a perpetual-loading black screen after previously being able to see video. I don't even have audio now. Safari doesn't recognise the domain name at all and Firefox will load the black screen. Unhappy to have to be paying for a nonworking service. i'm on a Macbook version 10.13.1

Please advise!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the exact same problem; It went from working perfectly fine to just black screen.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)

2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Any idea how and when this can be fixed?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

On my 2008 Mac Pro, running OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), I get the black screen & no audio problem.
On my 2015 Macbook Pro, running High Sierra (10.13.5), I get normal functionality.
It's probably not a hardware issue as the Mac Pro is, despite its age, arguably more powerful than the laptop, so I guess it's something to do with the OS.