cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mac, black screen

I'm so sick to death of Now TV. It's just crap, so limiting. I pay for this, and it's just a hastle. 

I always had to use Safari because Now TV used silverlight which for the right reasons (security related) Google wouldn't support. So by default Sky condoned poor security behaviour.

Imagine my joy that the money I work for finally resulted in an independent app, followed with disappointment. IT DOESN'T WORK! I'm met with blackness. Nothing else. I want my money back.

You wouldn't pay for a toll road, only to be met with a closed road. This is a joke. I write software for a living, I'd lose my job if I led a team where this kind of contunual poor user experience and bad judgement pursuid. The Merdoch empire is vast, for god's sake, you have the resources for things to just work. God speed and make it happen.

39 REPLIES 39
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I'm so sick to death of Now TV. It's just crap, so limiting. I pay for this, and it's just a hastle. 

I always had to use Safari because Now TV used silverlight which for the right reasons (security related) Google wouldn't support. So by default Sky condoned poor security behaviour.

Imagine my joy that the money I work for finally resulted in an independent app, followed with disappointment. IT DOESN'T WORK! I'm met with blackness. Nothing else. I want my money back.

You wouldn't pay for a toll road, only to be met with a closed road. This is a joke. I write software for a living, I'd lose my job if I led a team where this kind of contunual poor user experience and bad judgement pursuid. The Merdoch empire is vast, for god's sake, you have the resources for things to just work. God speed and make it happen.

@Anonymous User

Hi Stephen

Could you try the steps on the following link

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Black-Screen-Mac

Thanks

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue Aaron and it's infuriating. I'm PAYING for this for God's sake. The link you have shared is only a solution for Silverlight application, which is NO LONGER SUPPORTED on a Mac. This is why NOW TV have developed the NOW TV Player, which, guess what? Yes that's right, SAME PROBLEM! Audio only, black screen. But now there is NO SOLUTION! I spent an hour on chat tonight with a tech guy who didn't have a clue what he was doing. This is ridiculous, please get this incompetence sorted out and share a solution.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey guys!

Just wanted to drop in to let you know we are currently in the process of testing a fix for this issue, and hope to have it ready soon.

We know this has caused some frustration for some of you, and we certainly appreciate your patience. Please bear with us!

Nico Heart

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having this same problem with a black screen and only audio, its a big pain in my ass and I can't fix it through any of the forum methods I've read. Stupid app, likewise, am paying for this ###### I can't use, if you're going to make an app the only way to watch at least make it work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I am having this same problem with a black screen and only audio, its a big pain in my ass and I can't fix it through any of the forum methods I've read. Stupid app, likewise, am paying for this ###### I can't use, if you're going to make an app the only way to watch at least make it work.

Appreciate the frustration. This is sadly an issue that occurs on specific devices and we're trying hard to resolve it.

To speed things up, it would be great if you (and anyone having this particular issue) could provide us with the following information (using mine as an example):

OS version: macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Model: MacBook Pro (Retina 13-Inch, Early 2015)

Processor: 2.9GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 16GB

Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

If you are unsure of where to find this information, click on the apple logo in the top left, and then About This Mac.

I look forward to resolving this issue with your help!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Black screen issues for me too, here's my system info...

OS version: macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Model: Mac mini (Mid 2011)

Processor:  2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 8GB

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can report UPDATE FIXED NOTHING, so annoying.

MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015)

1.3 GHz Intel Core M

Intel HD Graphics 5300 1536 MB

MacOS 10.12.3 (16D32)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My specs...

OS version: macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Model: MacBook Pro (Retina 13-Inch, Early 2011)

Processor: 2.7GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 8GB

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here's my info, thanks:

OS X El Capitan

Version 10.11.6

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2.53GHz Mid 2009)

Processor 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics NVIDA Ge Force 9400M 254 MB