cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mac App 9001 error code

I've recently updated the now tv app, and just today I haven't been able to watch at all. I've uninstalled then reinstalled many times, but it keeps coming up with error code: 9001

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too have the same problem as a new subscriber. To date I have been unable to use a iMac computer with the latest High Sierra software.

Ther helpdesk is no good!

Rather surprisingly I used VPN and the player worked for a short period then stopped indicating VPN usage.

That is the only action I have obtained.

Clearly Error 9001 is preventing use

What is the solution?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am experiencing same 9001 error. Helpdesk was clueless and the Help Article is a waste of time. Error 9001 isn't listed anywhere...thanks NowTV! Will they ever get this software right?

My setup:
• Mac, High Sierra

• Now TV player v.3.0.0

• Cleared cookies/data, restarted mac, deleted Now TV (done this for both Chrome and Safari)

• Internet connection working fine

Sometimes I don't get the error but instead get the colourful spinner and a ramped up CPU fan!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Morning Joel

Yes -Thanks for your input.
This problem, seemingly, has existed for a very long time with no sensible help from NowTV!
I have all the latest Apple updates,fast fibre internet and good WiFi but nothing other than an Error Code 9001.
Clearly Now help is not technical enough and no useful investigation has ever identified this problem. Some Apple users
report no problems but many have not!
As a new subscriber I feel cheated by the advertising by NowTV and they have ignored my pleas for extending unplayable bought
passes. I now have 2 Smart players at more expense, but will never recommend NowTV to new subscribers because I feel cheated!

Cheers

Boxkite
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The previous version before 3.0.0 worked fine, no problem. I regret updating.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I may have found a fix for the 9001 issue (or it may be coincidence!).

I removed my Mac as one of the devices in 'Manage Devices' and then re-added it.

If you've run out of slots/changes per month, just contact support using online chat, tell them you are trying to resolve an issue and need an additional device change. They will reset the limit as a one-off.

If the above fix works for you, please reply into this forum so others and NowTV can add this to their knowledgebase.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Morning Joel

Thanks for that advice. I will try it when I can contact Helpdesk.

I am still exasperated by the technical staff however by not having a clue what the
error code means in their own software!

Cheers
Boxkite
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same thing happening to me, I can no longer open the app on a mac at all, I have tried installing and unistalling but it no longer works, driving me mad, as I'm watching season 5 of game of thrones and it expries in 12 days 😞  I might just buy the box set for 5 and 6 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been advised by NowTV technical today that Error Code fault has been resolved.

Be advised this is Not correct in my experience!

Once again prolonged installation and erasing of the NowTV Player has resulted in repeated indication of Error Code 9001

More background information please for this problem which has prevented operation on a Mac for an unacceptably extended period!

Boxkite

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is what worked for me with little help from nowtv support

1. Remove Device (Mentioned above)
  2. Unistall the Application
  3. Uninstall Adobe Flash Player
  4. Reinstall Adobe Flash Player to the latest verison and reinstall the application

Hope this helps. Updating flash player and re-installing the app by itself did not work.

Still considering leaving as no support was provided.

Thanks