cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Long time to log in

Why  does it now take 10 to 15 minutes to log in and start watching.

It used to take only 2 to 3 minutes until approx 10 days ago.

8 REPLIES 8
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Bootup?

Browser opening?

Webpage opening?

Application opening?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi RoyB,

Thanks for replying.

I'm logging in on my PC from uk on a 50Mb broadband connection.

Before when I went to watch Now TV I opened the website using firefox, I would click on the program (live or catch up), a sicn in pop up would appear, i'd sign in and Now tv player would automaticaly start and in a couple of minutes I could watch my program.

Now I click on required content, I then get taken to the home page have to select login, wait for login screen to appear login, then click on start watching, select my progtam, then click on ' I already have this ' to start player and then wait an age for Now tv player to start and then watch my program, this all takes 10 to 15 minutes so i'm missing a large chunk of live programs.

I'd appreciate any assistance.

Thanks

Tim

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User  (Tim)

Are you on Windows 10?

If so, type Microsoft Store in the little white window bottom left on the desktop of your PC and press Enter.

When the Store loads, search for Now TV (with the space included), and the new app from NowTV should come up.

Download that and install it.

Using that should be one step, after the initial first-time login, with no separate player to load like the browser app needs - fast, slick, and a much better interface!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Scholar 3,

No i'm on Windows 7 Ultimate

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

This might help:-

https://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/

Windows 7 is due to EOL in less than six months now (though it will still work beyond that of course) but updates and patches will cease.

Might be worth beating the rush, especially if you are a heavy NowTV user, as the Store app is a game-changer.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Scholar 3,

Thanks for that, I'm not sure if mr PC will run windows 10. I'll stick with what I've got and allow more time when I login

Thanks

Skiprat

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

(By the way, I’m @RoyB  - Scholar 3 is just my current ranking in the NowTV hierarchy, like your current Occasional Poster ranking).

Yes, drivers and all that.

Might be worth trying another browser than Firefox, like Chrome or (spit) IE.

Or trying Firefox in ‘stripped down’ mode (I forget what it’s called exactly, but it’s the option that omits all the add-ons and such). If that goes a lot faster, you’ll know that your Firefox is full of cruft, and needs a spring-clean.

I also swear by the free CCleaner utility, which will tidy up dead temporary files,  dead registry links, and the browser cache of Firefox and the other browsers, which itself can speed things up a bit.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @RoyB,

Sorry about the name mix up i'm new to the community.

Thanks for the advice, i'll give chrome a try ( will try IE when hell freezes over), also i'll get hold of CCleaner and give it a run, I do try to keep on top of maintenance on my machine.

If I encounter any problems i'll post them.

Thanks for the help and advice it's appreciated.

Regards

@Anonymous User