I have this issue today over two years later.
It worked fine yesterday and after an update it doesn't work any more.
Sounds like they broke it again.
Why do Sky hate their customers so much.........
I have managed to resolve the issue by doing the following:
- Settings > Add or remove a program
- It should automatically be set to sort alphabetically
- Scroll down to NOWTV PLAYER
- Click on it and click uninstall
- Go back to the NOWTV website and open up any movie or show's preview page
- Look for the small white text saying "Haven't downloaded the video player? Install Now"
- After going through the installation wizard, it ran as usual for me when I clicked "Start Watching"
(This worked for me but may not work for everyone)
(Also keep in mind I had the app downloaded from the website, which stopped working, I then re-downloaded it from the website. I haven't used the Microsoft Store version)
Right, don't know if people are still having issues I think I may have fixed it.
It's a problem with admin rights. Running the NOW TV app 'link' as admin won't have any affect the .exe so you need to run the .exe as admin.
1. Close the player first and end any instances of the NOW TV app in Task Manager to be on the safe side.
2. Navigate to "C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Roaming\NOW TV\NOW TV Player" > Right click the NOW TV Player.exe > properties > Compatibility
3. Check the "Run as administrator" box
4. For good measure click the "Change settings for all users" and check the "Run as administrator" check box
5. Click OK
6. It should now stream
Allow full access to the "NOW TV" folder in "C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Roaming"
1. Right click the NOW TV folder in "C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Roaming" > "Properties" from the drop down > uncheck "Read Only" > OK > let Windows do it's thang.
2. right click the NOW TV folder in "C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Roaming" > properties from the drop down > Security tab > Allow full control to admin and users as you wish > OK
3. Should now Stream
4. you and NOW are very welcome for fixing as issue, why NOW can't just post this, I don't know.