cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Laptop Now TV App - JavaScript Error in the Main Process

Have installed normally, installed as administrator, run as administrator, run in compatibility mode, restarted etc - the Now TV Windows App does not open for me, and I have just paid for a subscription.

Error as below - note, I have removed my real name and replaced with bolded capitilised username. Original text was a normal string of unbroken lowercase characters.

[Main Instruction]
A JavaScript error occurred in the main process

[Content]
Uncaught Exception:
Error: Access is denied.
\\?\C:\Users\FAWBISH\AppData\Local\Temp\777ef774-d134-4160-8eb5-784a145a5bfc.tmp.node
at process.module.(anonymous function) [as dlopen] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:172:20)
at Object.Module._extensions..node (module.js:598:18)
at Object.module.(anonymous function) [as .node] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:186:18)
at Module.load (module.js:503:32)
at tryModuleLoad (module.js:466:12)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:458:3)
at Module.require (module.js:513:17)
at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Users\FAWBISH\AppData\Roaming\NOW TV\NOW TV Player\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@sky-uk-ott\client-lib-electron-keystore\src\encipher.js:3:18)
at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Users\FAWBISH\AppData\Roaming\NOW TV\NOW TV Player\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@sky-uk-ott\client-lib-electron-keystore\src\encipher.js:33:3)

[OK]

I hope someone can assist, I'm missing the F1 currently and am out of pocket...

Have seen on some other threads that @Andy or  @Jason-C might be able to assist?

Fawbish

16 REPLIES 16
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the community. Sorry but I don't use Windows and I'm out of touch with NOW TV. Your best bet of help on here is from @schnapps or @commanda6 - if they have any suggestions I'm sure they will respond in due course. 

Your other option is to try live chat - have a read of the following support page and if it doesn't help, click the blue Get in Touch button at the side and then you'll find a live chat option by expanding the Anything Else section. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-now-tv-on-windows

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I won't be much help sorry, where i only use my Windows Tablet for surfing the internet and using the forum.

Haven't got any spare device slots on my account to use or test my Windows tablet when watching NowTV, where all my Device allocation are taken up with NowTV & Roku players.

Can only suggest the basic stuff, like if you are using the dedicated NowTV App from the Microsoft Store where the error is occurring, then try using your internet browser with the NowTV player instead or vice versa to see if it makes any difference.

Try disabling and enabling Javascript on your Laptop or see if there any Javascript settings need adjusting.

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000891.htm

Maybe try Googling " Javascript error effecting video playback on Windows" or see if NowTV live chat can offer you some assistance.

Hope you get it sorted.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Have installed normally, installed as administrator, run as administrator, run in compatibility mode, restarted etc - the Now TV Windows App does not open for me, and I have just paid for a subscription.

Error as below - note, I have removed my real name and replaced with bolded capitilised username. Original text was a normal string of unbroken lowercase characters.

[Main Instruction]
A JavaScript error occurred in the main process

[Content]
Uncaught Exception:
Error: Access is denied.
\\?\C:\Users\FAWBISH\AppData\Local\Temp\777ef774-d134-4160-8eb5-784a145a5bfc.tmp.node
at process.module.(anonymous function) [as dlopen] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:172:20)
at Object.Module._extensions..node (module.js:598:18)
at Object.module.(anonymous function) [as .node] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:186:18)
at Module.load (module.js:503:32)
at tryModuleLoad (module.js:466:12)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:458:3)
at Module.require (module.js:513:17)
at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Users\FAWBISH\AppData\Roaming\NOW TV\NOW TV Player\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@sky-uk-ott\client-lib-electron-keystore\src\encipher.js:3:18)
at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Users\FAWBISH\AppData\Roaming\NOW TV\NOW TV Player\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@sky-uk-ott\client-lib-electron-keystore\src\encipher.js:33:3)

[OK]

Fawbish

Hi @Anonymous User 

from the error information that you've posted it would appear that this is an issue related to disk , access permissions. specifically, relating to the disk access required in order to start the NowTV player when you pick a piece of content to watch from the NowTV website.

What version of Windows are you using and what web browser? JavaScript needs to be fully allowed in your browser in order for the NowTV player/app on PC to work correctly  

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am getting the same error.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am getting the same error on Windows 10.

Tried re-downloading and re-installinng the nowTV app from now tv website. Dint help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its only because you have another NowTv proccess open in the background.

Ctrl+alt+Del and terminate all the NowTv process.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did anyone manage to sort this? The Now TV app was working fine for me until I had to update it and now I keep getting this same issue of a java script error (the exact same as FAWBISH's error) - I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, closing Now TV in the background, deleting cache etc. and nothing works. It's annoying paying £9 for a service I can't use!

Thanks,

H

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue too.

Why do we need the download? After the Silverlight nonsense from years ago, you'd have thought Sky would go for a standard media player. 

Please let me know when this is fixed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

yeah I'm also having this issue. It's definitely not the laptop itself as I have tried it on two different laptops and I'm getting the same issue