cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Keep getting this error message: Error code: SDK.BUFFERING_LIMIT.UNKNOWN_REASON.MAIN_CONTENT

HI! I keep getting this error code : SDK.BUFFERING_LIMIT.UNKNOWN_REASON.MAIN_CONTENT

It happens every time i get to an advert and it is on all my devices.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled them all, checked my internet, logged out and back in.

Has anyone resolved this?

TIA 

Burgomaster

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It's a known issue and according to NOW Twitter they are trying to resolve it ASAP.

From what i can tell it's only affecting customers without a Boost Membership (though i might be wrong about this and i am not getting any TV streaming issues using NOW Boost).

owlqueen
Scholar

I am having the same issue on windows and firestick. Im currently discussing it with someone from now on that post.

I've noticed my content streams ok until an ad break, or the ad at the start stops the show from actually starting.

RoyB
Legend

@schnapps @owlqueen @Anonymous User 

If this is a problem with ad transitions, then it isn’t going to affect members with Boost, is it?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
PAGAND00
Mentor

FRiday, 24/6.  It was intermittent then but it is totally unusable now as I cannot watch any program without getting this error.  Please can someone give an update as to what the problem i and when it will be fixed

PAGAND00
Mentor

Does anyone review these messages from Now TV.  I have been having this problem from Friday, 24/6.  It was intermittent then but it is totally unusable now as I cannot watch any program without getting this error.  Please can someone give an update as to what the problem i and when it will be fixed

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @PAGAND00 

Your best option is to reach out to NOW either via their live web chat service or by email or by social media Twitter or Facebook.

NOW seldomly interact on the Community Forum, which is mainly used by customer to customer, but NOW do seem to read members posts.

I just noticed this tweet over on NOW Twitter and don't know if it's related to all the different error messages or one particular error issue on their streaming TV service.

Where i can't check myself because all my playback devices with my Boost Membership are running perfectly fine.

youdoodle-2022-06-30T08-39-34Z.jpg

PAGAND00
Mentor

Hi, tried again this evening and all seems to be working