cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Issues with quality of streaming

Hi, I'm having isses with the quality of streaming when it comes to the NOW TV player. 

Before I start explaining the issue, please don't tell me to restart the browser/router/computer etc. My internet connection AND my computer are strong enough to run anything at 1080p and it is not the issue. No matter what, my NOW TV player will stay at around 360p and will not go any higher whatsoever, I don't understand why it's happening and no matter what I do, it will not change. I can't find any option of the application itself to change the video quality - which is ridiculous.

I would give an image, but anytime I printscreen, it just turns black - probably to prevent pirating, but it's not very helpful when I'm asking for support.

Are there any ways to fix this?  

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bumping since I have the same issue. New to NowTV and have seen multiple threads complaining about their lack of 1080p, yet for me I'm having issues seeing audio and video beyond 360p

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I know you don't want to be told the basics, but I'd suggest its your wifi connection - poor connection will result in jerkiness and buffering.  In my case, I need to be within 5 metres of my Access Point, almost line of sight.

I am guessing that bandwith is the issue because Adaptive streaming rate is forcing you down to 360p, and not CPU capability.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Amazon prime fine, Netflix fine, even the new Disney+ has no problem with playback. 

Now tv is the only service that continues to cut out while watching and then displays the try again later screen. 

The problem must lie at the source. 

Perhaps they should extend broadband width?