cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Issues with Windows 10 app

Hi,

I am using the app on Windows 10 on my laptop.  It's an older model but runs windows 10 quite well.  However, I'm having some issues when it comes to watching Now Tv on it.  The video is quite glitchy and falls behind the audio causing it to fall out of sync quite quickly.  I get similar problems with youtube but I can easily put that right by reducing the video resolution and it always solves the problem.  Why can't I find that option on the Now Tv app? It simply makes no sense.

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Do you happen to own a Roku Stick or Samsung/LG TV? All 3 devices are best for watching Now TV and other apps. 

Also your broadband speed could be the issue too, if you don't mind what speeds are you receiving?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have 3 NowTV sticks in the house. I use the laptop for use in the kitchen as there's no room for another TV. The internet is not an issue at all. We stream 3 TVs and all other devices with no problems at all. I have 80 meg broadband with Vodafone and it's never been running less then 50 meg

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

What is the spec of the laptop? Video is very demanding, possibly the most demanding thing your laptop is being asked to run, and the issue may lie here.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is an old laptop. About 12 years old. The problem was windows 10 itself. I changed the OS to Android and it's running smoothly now. Thanks for the replies though. Appreciate it 👍