cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introducing New Navigation Menu!

The navigation menu has been moved to the top of the website, making it easier to discover the variety of content that NOW has to offer.  

Reply below to tell us what you think of our new menu! 

Community - Web Nav.JPG

11 REPLIES 11
RoyB
Legend

@Karl-F 

That’s great - really helps with access to the 16 rows of content on the web app!

But could you possibly apply this to the Now app as well, which has 28 rows of content and channels, particularly a shortcut to the 28th row where all the settings and account stuff can be found, as even just holding the Down key to scroll to it is s-l-o-w and je-r-ky?

Pretty please with sugar on top? 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F 

Agree with @RoyB  this would benefit for all apps.

It actually looks almost identical to the Peacock app in the US 😛

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

Actually please don't, I find it easier to navigate by channel from the menu. 

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

Can you please enlarge on how this new approach has made things worse for you?

I thought it was just adding the line of shortcuts at the top, but I can now see that these aren’t just jumps into the rows below, but actually different presentations in themselves.

Though these are still the same as the tabs you get when you choose Menu on the browser, except that ‘My TV’, the Continue Watching second row of Home, isn’t present, and Entertainment has now been called TV Shows.

With ‘Channels’ now only appearing, 16 rows down, when you select ‘TV Shows’.

But I never did much navigation on this screen, and I can’t remember how it used to be.

So, is the presentation now worse than before for you, such that it would slow you down if applied on the Now app? 

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

@RoyB 

Presently I just tap on the burger icon on the home screen and am quickly able to select Entertainment > Channels.  

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

So the burger has gone, and with it the ability to drill down more than one level, forcing you to scroll 16 rows down under TV Shows for Channels, instead of one click, as it was for you before?

If so, that seems a retrograde step, and we should ask @Karl-F to bring it back - it would live in a piece of screen real estate not currently being used, and not clash with the new labels. (Which likely you will tell me were in the burger anyway).

I also note that the example he gives has text legends top right, whereas I have icons, for the same things, but I expect that’s just a minor detail.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB wrote:

@redchiz1 

So the burger has gone, and with it the ability to drill down more than one level, forcing you to scroll 16 rows down under TV Shows for Channels, instead of one click, as it was for you before?

If so, that seems a retrograde step, and we should ask @Karl-F to bring it back - it would live in a piece of screen real estate not currently being used, and not clash with the new labels. (Which likely you will tell me were in the burger anyway).

I also note that the example he gives has text legends top right, whereas I have icons, for the same things, but I expect that’s just a minor detail.

Hi @Karl-F 

I have to agree with @RoyB  and @Anonymous User here having the initial filters for the different membership types front and centre is good, but they should not have been introduced at the expense of the extra indexing/filtering options (A to Z, Z to A, recently added). What is it with streaming services and removing filtering options that can be controlled by the user? I really liked this change until I realised that the extra filtering options had been removed.

This seems completely illogical as streaming services are getting ever increasing amounts of content, making this kind of functionality ever more important, the user must always be front and centre, and in control.

can  extra filtering options be added to the TV and Roku apps too? But I suppose they have to be reintroduced on the website first in order to have any chance of being in the TV and Roku apps too

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can we have the sort by alphabetical order option back? It's a far more useful way of looking through a category than your ever changing order.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also under the old layout when you clicked into channels you used to get a wordcloud of all the channels at the top of the page so that when you'd finished with one you could click straight into the next. With this new layout you have to click into one channel, then backclick to the list of channels and click the next. Plus when you back click to the channels page it always bounces back to the top instead of remembering where you'd scrolled to. All in all much less efficient than the old layout.