cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Internet Explorer has stopped playing again

Hi all

I was watching TV happily on my PC yesterday through Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7, but I've gone to log in today and....

1) The log-in screen is different

2) It's asking me to use the app instead.

What's changed? And why has there been no notice of it?

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have to agree with everyone else here. Forced to download the terrible app, as Silverlight for IE11 is no longer playing properly.

The app sounds complete rubbish in comparison, and also finding sync issues between the audio and video. Are they trying to save bandwidth or something?

Why stop Silverlight working? It's far better than the app. How about adding some settings to the app?

Be nice to get some response to this issue from NowTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi ive got the same problem, it worked fine and then all of a sudden nothing.

i sign in fine, select a film fine, then when i click play.... Tried 3 different browsers...... nada..... Have latest IE, Have Silverlight...... just no now TV.

The webpage cannot be displayed

Most likely cause:
  • Some content or files on this webpage require a program that you don't have installed.
 What you can try:

Search online for a program you can use to view this web content. You need to enable javascript for this link to work correctly.

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page. Go back to the previous page.<span id="mce_marker" data-mce-type="bookmark" data-mce-fragment="1">​</span>

This is very frustrating as i pay for both Movies and Entertainment. This problem has been happening for a few weeks now. am getting pretty frustrated that you as a company have this issue and are not being at all helpful to us the paying customers in anyway.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same issue.  Online chat went through the usual unistall Silverlight etc. routine which I'd already done.  Told them that and pointed out that the problem was at their end, it had worked for months, etc.  But no, had to go through their standard checklist.  Mysteriously the chat dialogue dropped and you can't reconnect to the same "person".  Then emailed help and their robot template response was "use the app" totally ignoring the Silverlight issue that I actually asked about.  So I'm just going to cancel my account after confirming for others on the forum that the problem is widespread, undeclared by NowTV, and that Silverlight support has been dropped without informing the customers (or apparently tech "support") while the website still continues to give fictional instructions on how to use IE 11. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also getting told I'm missing some kind of program as well and the app has never worked for me- the fwhatever error message comes up no matter what fix I try.

As for silverlight no longer being supported- stop using it then Sky, and your customers can just watch programs on any browser with no problems!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I have used the chat to complain. I don't think it will do anything, I have had another round of we are aware and working on it.

Frankly, I don't believe they care.

Tagg to @Tony-D

We need proprer information

@Anonymous Userwrote:

I'm also getting told I'm missing some kind of program as well and the app has never worked for me- the fwhatever error message comes up no matter what fix I try.

As for silverlight no longer being supported- stop using it then Sky, and your customers can just watch programs on any browser with no problems!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue as you all. Am furious. Tech support & costomer services are abysmal with Now tv in my experience.

Silverlight through IE11 was great. Why do they always have to change perfectly good set ups? Some bright spark thinks 'ooo lets do this instead' & we're the ones that suffer. They dont give a crap about whether things are working right. I mean if you're going to force us to use an app at least make the ruddy thing work properly.

I'm cancelling my subscription. Smiley Mad