cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I know this is not an airport, but...

I'm announcing my departure. The options to describe which service(s) I'm leaving for don't actually describe my situation - I'm not leaving "for" another service. I'm leaving because you don't support all of my devices. I use Amazon Prime and Netflix too - but (here's the important part) - they support Linux (via the browser). I'm tired of attempting to hack around device restrictions, you'll no longer be receiving my custom.

Also, incidentally, Linux desktops are PCs too. Mods should consider renaming the forum to "Windows and Mac)". It would be accurate, rather than the misleading "PC and Mac".

• PC
7 REPLIES 7
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Paul

You've just told some other customers, like yourself, that you're leaving NOW, so what?

If you really want to tell NOW why you are leaving then write to them at the following:

Now TV Customer Services Email.jpg

UK Bob

PS. Letters have no affect unless they're addressed to the right people.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I see your point, but respectfully disagree.

Public protest is effective.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Whilst I agree that public protest is indeed effective, I disagree that it should be only be on here. It is better suited for social media, where more of the “public” will see it. 

On here only fellow customers will see your post like @ukbobboy  pointed out and 9/10 people will just see the rant and move on if they aren’t having the same issues. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Google indexes these forum pages. That's how I'm fully aware that other (Linux using) customers have been asking for parity with Windows and Mac users.

Other customers and anyone using a search engine will find this post.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User While I have some sympathy for your plight, there's no way it's going to be cost effective for Now to support Linux.

People regularly bring Netflix and Prime Video into their arguement but sadly, the subscription numbers are so wildly different, the argument is a non starter.

Also you have to remember Netflix and Prime Video are in 190 countries with over 200 million subscribers reach. Now is in 4 countries with just a few million subscribers.

Netflix UK subscribers 15 million

Prime Video UK subscribers 10 million

Now UK subscribers 1.5 million

Statista has a report showing Netflix is watched on a TV by 70% of subscribers, a computer by 15%.

Linux makes up 25% of operating systems.

If those figures are representative of Now users, you're asking them to develope a system for, and support, 50,000 customers. That's never happening.

As for this forum being indexed, there's 35 community posts in 5 years mentioning Linux,  Google barely find them (they show 2 matches).

The sad fact of the matter is small streaming services like Now are, and will, be developed for use primarily on a TV and everything else is either unsupported or barely supported. It's about satisfying the greater percentage.

Screenshot_20210419-221344.jpg

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User   @gavs82008 

Paul

You know, I would agree with your comment about "Public Protest" if you had copied your post to NOW but all you've done is thrown your letter into a pile of other letters addressed to nobody.

And so your post has no affect because no one that will see it can do anything about it.

Personally, I believe that you should register your protest but register it in a place it will do some good.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Point taken, and done.