cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to not be in full screen on Windows...

I want to be able to both watch via the Now TV app on my windows laptop and browse/access other stuff on my PC at the same time but the player won't let me watch unless in full screen. Is there a way to change this and watch out of full screen? 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Following as I want to know the same thing; full screen or nothing is rubbish, there should be a 'windowed' option so I can move it to my other monitor!!!! I can't use the palyer as it tells me I have screen capture software which I have disabled but it just kepps telling me the same thing. Why I can't just be used in a browser like every other streaming service is beyond me!

RoyB
Legend

Like this, do you mean?

window GoT.png

This is from the Windows 10 dedicated app in the Microsoft Store; if you cursor up from full screen, a white bar appears at the top, and from there, you can adjust the size of the window you want to watch.

There was actually video - the full picture shrunk into the window - when I took the screenshot, but NowTV is clever enough to hide it when you snapshot the screen, and I haven't got time at the moment to figure out how to defeat that. But nevermind, you can try it for yourselves and see that it works.

When you want to pick another programme to watch, you have to go back to fullscreen to select it, but once it's started, you can shrink it again.

I can't answer for how the Browser/Player combination works on this, but anyone with Windows 10 should be using the dedicated app instead anyway.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.