cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to download Now TV Player when I can't access the Windows App Store

This is driving me completely mental.

I have been getting a f20000 error when trying to watch Now TV.

To cut a long story short, I've uninstalled the Now TV Player to see if reinstalling it would help. However, when I follow Now TV's directions - sign in, click on a programme, download the Player - I don't get a direct download link to the Player as I did before. I just get a link saying "Look for an app in the Store". When I click on that, it just comes up with a green screen with the Store logo on it that never actually opens the app store.

Is there somewhere else to download the Player from?

I'm using Windows 8 and Mozilla Firefox.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous User
Not applicable

had same proble, that webchat is worse than useless. deepak (the webchat support guy) just ended the chat himself because he got frustrated with Now's service. getting the very same f20000 or whatever that thing is appearing on my screen. think it just works for 15 days so they can scam you through the fre trial. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same problem after uninstalling the now tv player but then realised i had the installer still downloaded on my computer and could just reinstall it via that. Check your downloads and see if you still have the now tv player installer should still be there if you didnt delete it 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This worked perfectly! Thankyou

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I dont even see how you post something here, nwever meind not getting through on phone or chat

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello there

Thanks for taking the time to reply! I've just tried doing the IE/Silverlight thing, but when I try to sign in on IE, it keeps taking me back to the Sky sign-in page. I don't suppose you know how to get it to log me in, do you? I'm at my wits' end...

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User you have to register with Microsoft for an account before you can use the apps. If you don't want them having your main email set up a dummy email.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly same problem. It also says I have it installed alread ywhen I do not. Worse service I have ever seen