cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

House of the Dragon difficulty watching

I've subscribed to NOW for years. I have, and pay for, Entertainment. Due to Virgin Media's new box I'm unable to access NOW on my smart TV, so decided to watch on my Mac.

I've downloaded the NOW app onto my Mac and I've put House of the Dragon on my watchlist. I click on play and a message comes up about a special offer for Entertainment and Cinema. I don't want Cinema, I just want to watch House of the Dragon. Next there's a list about signing in again and choosing an Entertainment pass. Well I already have that, so why can I not watch this TV series please?

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Assuming you have signed in on your Mac with the correct NOW account you purchased the Entertainment Pass on, then it should work.

I don't use a PC or Mac but on devices like a fire stick for example when you first download the NOW App and open it up for the first time you are presented with a QR scan code to create an account and purchase a TV Membership and with a fire stick you just close the buy Membership offer and you can then navigate down to the My Account tile box to sign in with your existing NOW account login details.

I believe it's different with a PC or Mac (never used either watching NOW) and once you are signed in on the website with your correct login details then normally you are good to go to watch something with your TV Membership once the NOW Player has already been downloaded.

I am assuming you are not using a VPN or took your Mac if it's a laptop version on holidays recently ?

Also what happens if you temporary try watching on the NOW App on your smartphone for example and then see if it's added to your Continue Watching section on your Mac and if it does click on the Continue Watching to see if it plays on the Mac.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you so much for your reply. So I signed out for an hour. Started up the NOW app and am actually watching House of the Dragon. Yay!! Wow!
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Good that you got that!

But I am mystified how a Virgin Media box can prevent you watching an existing app on your smart TV?

Has it stopped every catchup app from working? It has no business doing anything like that 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.