cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

High Disk usage com.apple.Webkit.Plugin fsCachedData

I've noticed that while Now TV is playing in the Safari Browser it's constantly dumping files into com.apple.Webkit.Plugin/fsCachedData

This just keeps building up, at the moment there is 20GB of files which is a rediculous amount of space to use. I thought this was a streaming service not a download service.

About 3 days ago I had found my hard drive to be full and resolved this by booting into safe mode which got rid of 60GB of files so this has accumulated in that time. Clearing the cache in safari has no effect nor does shutting down and restarting.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User We will raise this with our Tech Teams to see if this is something they are aware off and what can be done to resolve this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I have just run in to the same issue and spent hours trying to locate 60GB of Cached Data from NowTV!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi, I have just run in to the same issue and spent hours trying to locate 60GB of Cached Data from NowTV!

@Anonymous User

Hi Keith 

This issue has been raised to our tech team and as soon as we receive an update we will post it here for you

Thanks

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep this is not uncommon and made the Tech news sites as its a common error with new players released, that the temp data was not being erased...

but the reason it made the news sites was because the other media player was storing the media DRM free and fully playable from the cache... on any PC media player

So looks like they still have not fixed it fully if NowTV have the same issue...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I have the exact same issue - I've discovered 84.5GB of fsCachedData from NowTV from just a few weeks of membership. It's mental, and hugely impacted upon both my ability to view other programmes from NowTV and the performance of my Macbook Air. Has there been any solution offered in the last 6 months from the tech team?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has anyone found a solution to the cached data? I've just watched my first match on Now TV via the player on Mac. Quality was great and no issues with streaming, but I noticed I went from 8Gb to 1Gb hard drive space from the start to the end of the match. Despite a reboot and running CC Cleaner etc. I've not recovered the storage space.