cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Header and Footer on Now TV Player

Hi all,

I've just joined Now TV for a trial initially, but our intention is to test eveything out today and then if ok, purchase a Sky Sports Pass so we can all watch the Lions Rugby matches.

I have a fast Windows 10 PC with good Broadband speed.

I've just tested out the Now TV Player and the speed and quality look pretty good.

However, one thing is annoying me slightly . . . . . when watching a program, the header bar (which shows the program channel and name at the top) and thefooter bar (which shows the progress) keep appearing and then disappearing, evey 10 seconds or so. The mouse isn't being touched at all.

Obviously, when watching a program, I don't want this to be happening throughout and so I wondered what might be causing it and is there a fix?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just tried to delete my post, but can't figure out how!

Anyway, just to say that it seems that my Mouse has to be position off the Now TV Player screen, way up the top. 

Problem solved!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just tried to delete my post, but can't figure out how!

Anyway, just to say that it seems that my Mouse has to be position off the Now TV Player screen, way up the top. 

Problem solved!

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi CE

Glad you solved your problem and I hope you enjoy your day of sports.

As for your post, you can't delete them (I know, I've tried) but you have a very limited time available where you can amend/edit your entry, providing no one has read it yet.

However, if you feel your post has something in it that may be considered as potentially offensive to someone then you can ask the forum moderator to delete it for you.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks UK Bob Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Don't delete it, you just help me solve the same problem. thanks!

It's not exactly obvious that your mouse has to be off the screen, it shouldn't really be flicking on and off no matter where your mouse is.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem but can't resolve.

Every few seconds the header and footer pop up - no matter where i put the cursor.

Any ideas anyone?

It's infuriating!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah i thought that solution was working but i may have been lucky. i still get that border popping up all the time. even if you turn the mouse off it still comes back. ridiculous.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

I don't tend to use my Windows PC for using the nowtv service and mainly use the nowtv boxes, which obviously i don't encounter the issues you have on your PC whilst streaming.

Anyway i don't know if you have tried the dedicated nowtv app in the Microsoft Store for Windows 8.1 onwards, but it might be an option instead of the now tv player.

Just be aware that the nowtv app will take up another device on your nowtv account device limit (maximum of 4 devices) if you want to check out the app.

If you have an older version of Windows or you didn't like the nowtv app from the Microsoft Store then please ignore my post.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah - unfortnately it says it won't work on my (older) version of windows.

Thanks for the suggestion though - i'll keep hoping someone has a solution...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been having this same issue. Thankfully I found a solution in another thread. If you're on a PC and the desktop background is set to change periodically, the menu pops up everytime it changes. I hope this helps you because this issue was really frustrating me too.