cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Guess i have been forced to cancel my subscription

given how you support no other browser then IE (the worst piece of trash known to man) the service is now tottal unusable for me becuase everytime i try to visit your website using IE in browser fails to load the page then crashes and force closes.....

this happens on two completly seperate systems

also befor you tell me to download your app from the store (another awwfull piece of software with low quality barley watchable streams) i cannot due to the fact i cant downlod it due to it being "incompatible with my OS" not bad for a windows 10 device

why didnt you ditch the awfull silverlight platform years ago?

7 REPLIES 7
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

From what I understand, support for Silverlight will be removed in both the Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers within the coming months. Which means that in order to access and view NOW TV content on a computer running Windows 8.1 (or higher), you will need to install the NOW TV Windows app. And it does work with Windows 10 Home and Pro.

After installing the NOW TV Windows app it is advisable to completely remove Silverlight (along with any unnecessarily browsers) from your computer!

Essentially, Microsoft is no longer developing it's Silverlight plug-in. Hence the 'app'...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
So i take you have just copy and pasted that reply?
Because clearly you haven't read my post as I have allready said i CANNOT
download the app
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

If you can't actually download it, this could mean that Microsoft have changed the link - again Smiley Surprised I seen to remember this happening a few months ago.

I'll ask a NOW TV team member to check it out and report back...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It's nothing to do with you're link
I can't download it direct from the Microsoft appstore it gives me an error
Legend 5
Legend 5

How odd. What's the error message?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I love Now TV, but I'm seriously questioning my subscription as well now.

I'm on Windows 7, because I tried the free upgrade to Windows 10 (even waited a few months for bugs to be ironed out) and it broke my PC. I was only just able to roll it back to 7 and use it normally again. For some reason Now TV only makes an "app" for Windows 8/10, but not software for other versions of Windows. So I have to use Internet Explorer, which is just utterly awful.

It'd be basically OK if Now TV offered offline-downloads, because then I'd just watch on my phone on my commute. But of course it's the only subscription service that doesn't offer offline-downloads. Even some of the free ones do!

So yeah, unless we get more of an idea of what is being offered and when, I might have to jump ship. 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yup, seriously unimpressed. No chrome, no Mozilla which i'd downloaded because of the lack of compatability and now stuck!  If someone could explain to me the point of paying for something i can't access i'd really appreciate it!