cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Grey box blocking content on mac

Trying to play Now TV on 2020 mac mini. 

Content would play for a few seconds (during which period I can see the picture) until a grey box comes up and block the whole app.

If I shift from window to full-screen mode, the gray box would initially only block part of the screen, until it extends to block the whole screen.

Please, solutions. I've tried initiating from both safari and chrome.

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm experiencing same thing. Any ideas? 

Can't get through to Tech Support so not many solutions. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same issue and it turned out I had inadvertently left screen recording software turned on from doing a work demo. Once I turned that off everything worked again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

Thanks so much. This was the problem and solution worked perfectly. 

Didn't hear back from NOWTV so I appreciate your guidance with this issue. 

Should be paying you part of the £8 a month 😉 

ta

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this issue how do I turn off screen recording?  I have the grey box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don’t have any recording software running and yet I repeatedly get the grey screen. I won’t be renewing my subscription 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

Are you running a second screen using an replicator through a HDMI cable etc. 

That was the problem for me, i unplugged the screen and it now works on my laptop screen without the grey box. 

Not sure technically why that is, I fudged the solution but it seemed to have worked. 

Hope that helps. 

Andrew

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No, Im not aware of any way I could be doing that.
I can watch on my MacBook Pro without issue, but when I try to view on my TV via an old AppleTV box I get the grey screen.
The TV obviously has a DVD player and my Virgin box attached.
I have no intention of unplugging them. 
tbh I'm not enjoying the experience of NOW tv, I don't find it as intuitive as Netflix and it rarely has anything that Netflix doesn't have, with the exception of Sky Atlantic.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Responded below instead of replying accidentally... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi problem exists I have used the on line help and spoke to Now Tv without much joy.  I can watch on my IMac no problem but cannot stream to my TV.  I also cannot get the picture to stream from my iPhone.  I can see the picture on my phone.  I have had some e-mails which basically tells me to unplug everything.  Should not be this difficult I have used Now TV before and it worked, doubt I will bother again.