cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Green Screen Sound No Picture

Every time I try to play anything i am getting a green screen with no picture, i can hear the programme but cant actually watch it. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the NowTV app and clearing my cache as advised on other help pages but it still isnt working. Any help greatly appreciated....!

12 REPLIES 12
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Every time I try to play anything i am getting a green screen with no picture, i can hear the programme but cant actually watch it. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the NowTV app and clearing my cache as advised on other help pages but it still isnt working. Any help greatly appreciated....!

@Anonymous UserDo you have any third party display software or airplay software installed on your mac at all? Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable
No
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Are you using the built-in screen or connecting to an external display?

When you say green screen is it solid green or a shimmering screen where it looks like it's trying to play but it's all green and scrambled?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Its solid green instead of where the video would normally be.
I can hear the programme playing no issues.
Just using my laptop as I normally would.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Ah, I've seen the shimmering green screen before but not a solid green one so I'm afraid I don't have a solution for that. Sorry. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for trying!
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
Thanks for trying!

@Anonymous User Can try this for me as it could be a driver issue?

• Click on the Apple in the upper left corner of the screen
  • Select "Software Update..."
  • Any updates available will be listed and able to be downloaded or you will be told your software is up to date

NOTE: It is recommended that you always keep your system up to date

Look specifically for Graphics Drivers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'm up to date!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just tried to use the app player again. It worked fine picture/sound/everything for the first 15 minutes of a show, then stopped and I got the spinning wheel. Then a NowTv error message came up saying "oops something has gone wrong" advising to close the player and reload. Now every time I reload I am back to the green screen with sound....! Any suggestions as to what is happening here? Its making this an unwatchable expense!