cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Getting Error code: VGC-4253024462:4253024462

I've had NowTV for some time now and have only just now started experiencing this error code:

Error code: VGC-4253024462:4253024462

stating that I have screen recording devices. I have done an intense anti virus&malware scan, deleted the player app, cleared cache, tried on Chrome and on Safari and still having this error code pop up. 

Any other ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User it could be one of a thousand things running in the background - snipping tool, zoom, Skype, Photoshop, an extension for screen shots, web camera......

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User it could be one of a thousand things running in the background - snipping tool, zoom, Skype, Photoshop, an extension for screen shots, web camera......

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah I've cleared all of those programs yet its still happening. 😞 

Saint1976
Elite 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Might sound ridiculous, but I had the snipping tool open and I got this error code. Closed the snipping tool and the error stopped. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Not ridiculous at all - the Now IP protection sees the snipping tool as a potential way that Now content could be captured, and that is a no-no.

The protection has no idea how little the snipping tool can actually capture, and can only see it as a qualitative threat, nor realising that it can hardly be a quantative one.

Of course, that inability might be seen as ridiculous….

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RugbySoundIssue
Advocate

@Anonymous User Same here! 

Nitro
Scholar 3

@RugbySoundIssue  do you have a macbook? Try removing Zoom and Quicktime.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RugbySoundIssue 

The user you replied to is no longer on the forum. So we have no idea what post your actually replying to.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 

In @RugbySoundIssue‘s post, you can see:-

In response to Anonymous User's comment

If you click or tap that, it will open the comment being responded to, which addresses the issue you raise in the post referenced by the ‘In response to’ on this posting.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.