cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Finding it impossible to get this app working on PC

Hey,

I'm finding it impossible to get this app working on my desktop. I've tried both

App from the website. Installs fine, launches website, when I try to play something I get a popup saying 'open <my name'>, click open and it does nothing (like the app isnt getting the link sent to it)

App from windows store 

Get a 'Video failed to play' message and then sent to a screen saying 'A problem is preventing playback. Please try again or visit NowTV.com/help (c0262500)...which of course means f. all

It's really starting to annoy the hell out for me as I can never seem to fix it and I'm wasting my NowTV subscription. Is anyone able to point me in the right direction for getting this sorted?

Thanks

Browser - Chrome (tried explorer but just shows a white webpage when I try to sign in to NowTV. Cookies cleared a billion times

OS Windows 10

Graphics card - NVidia 1060

Now TV Apps both latest versions

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

(forgot to mention Graphics drivers are fully up to date)

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Both work fine on my Windows 10 laptop. Which may not be much comfort to you, but at least shows this is something different in our setups, and not something universally crippling in the NowTV code.

Wild outlier guess - try the Mozilla Firefox browser.

If still no go, I would check the health of your Windows 10 PC as here:-

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/check-health-windows-pc/

as for both options not to work may point to something deeper that needs resolving.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey,

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

So I tried Firefox and it went and extra step and specifically allowed me to choose NowTV app to open the link but it didn't actually open any media

Device P & H and Performance Monitor show nothing either.

I'm aware NowTV are a little Cray Cray when it comes to DRM so I'm wondering if it might be freaking out about something I'm running in the background 😞

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

1. Good thought... just the Windows Snipping Tool is enough to have NowTV go ‘Shields up, Mr Sulu’

Try shutting down any such background processes for the moment, especially any that might acquire any video going, or even stills, and try again,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.