cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

FIXED : NOWTV won't install on mac.

Hi All,

I know some people have had problems with updates or installing the NOWTV player on a mac.

If the install fails part way through ever time you may like to try the following fix.

1. remove all versions of now tv from mac.

2. restart mac

3. navigate to https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-now-tv-on-a-mac and download the player.

4. navigate to the location of the download. right click the now tv install and select show package contents.

5. navigate contents - macOs.

6. run Install NowTv . a terminal window should open. DO NOT WORRY IT WILL STILL FAIL THE INSTALL !!!

7. in the terminal window you need to look for this towards the very end. The exact location will most likely be different.

installer: Error the package path specified was invalid: '/var/folders/0_/dxkn_c1152v964nglm555_5c0000gn/T/tmp-NOWTVPlayer-Mac.dmg’.”

8. Now open a finder window and navigate to your macintosh hd. (go/computer/macintosh hd)

9. Input cmd+shift+ .

10. you should now see all hidden files.

11. Navigate to the location given in the error in your terminal window and find and run the “tmp-Nowtvplayer-mac.dmg”

12. follow install instructions.

13. navigate to nowtv.com, login, start watching !!

14. to hide the hidden files in macintosh hd input. cmd + shift + .

Hope this helps someone !

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, 

I have run into this problem and was so happy to find this thread. I followed ALL of the steps and it still wont work, not sure why. 

I have updated my computer in case that might be affecting and I get the same error as the screen shot when I try to open the app, it says there is an unknown error. Any ideas? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Croftie's solution worked for me.

Why on earth have Sky not fixed this yet? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks this worked, but it's ridiculous that this has to be done.  Get it together Now/Sky.