I know some people have had problems with updates or installing the NOWTV player on a mac.
If the install fails part way through ever time you may like to try the following fix.
1. remove all versions of now tv from mac.
2. restart mac
3. navigate to https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-now-tv-on-a-mac and download the player.
4. navigate to the location of the download. right click the now tv install and select show package contents.
5. navigate contents - macOs.
6. run Install NowTv . a terminal window should open. DO NOT WORRY IT WILL STILL FAIL THE INSTALL !!!
7. in the terminal window you need to look for this towards the very end. The exact location will most likely be different.
“installer: Error the package path specified was invalid: '/var/folders/0_/dxkn_c1152v964nglm555_5c0000gn/T/tmp-NOWTVPlayer-Mac.dmg’.”
8. Now open a finder window and navigate to your macintosh hd. (go/computer/macintosh hd)
9. Input cmd+shift+ .
10. you should now see all hidden files.
11. Navigate to the location given in the error in your terminal window and find and run the “tmp-Nowtvplayer-mac.dmg”
12. follow install instructions.
13. navigate to nowtv.com, login, start watching !!
14. to hide the hidden files in macintosh hd input. cmd + shift + .
Hope this helps someone !
I tried that myself. Worked for me after I installed it by the Mac's typical drag n drop to Applications. I think Now TV ought to do their installer the Mac's default method rather than all of the rest of the other added stuff. Not sure why they don't.
Thank you so much for this!! Was trying for so long to sort this out, even did a system update which didn't help
I couldn't find the hidden folder in the hd, but did find it by typing the address from the terminal (/var/folders/y1/4dvrqhqn65n43q5611_9_lzh0000gn/T/tmp-NOWTVPlayer-Mac.dmg) into the go to folder option in finder (Shift + cmd + G). That worked a treat. Now have it installed.
Now tv really need to sort out this installer!!
Have managed to set up Now TV on my Imac but need to delete a show I started to watch because it wasn't a very good picture. I downloaded another show on Sky Arts which is much better. Please tell me how to delete the first one.
I was also a bit concered that the II Stop icon was in the middle of the page and thatit and the circles showing 10 inside them would not disappear!
I followed the steps right up until dragging the app into applications folder, but when I try and run the app it gives me a huge error message - am I doing something wrong/has anyone else encountered this?
I have run into this problem and was so happy to find this thread. I followed ALL of the steps and it still wont work, not sure why.
I have updated my computer in case that might be affecting and I get the same error as the screen shot when I try to open the app, it says there is an unknown error. Any ideas?