cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

FIXED : NOWTV won't install on mac.

Hi All,

I know some people have had problems with updates or installing the NOWTV player on a mac.

If the install fails part way through ever time you may like to try the following fix.

1. remove all versions of now tv from mac.

2. restart mac

3. navigate to https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-now-tv-on-a-mac and download the player.

4. navigate to the location of the download. right click the now tv install and select show package contents.

5. navigate contents - macOs.

6. run Install NowTv . a terminal window should open. DO NOT WORRY IT WILL STILL FAIL THE INSTALL !!!

7. in the terminal window you need to look for this towards the very end. The exact location will most likely be different.

installer: Error the package path specified was invalid: '/var/folders/0_/dxkn_c1152v964nglm555_5c0000gn/T/tmp-NOWTVPlayer-Mac.dmg’.”

8. Now open a finder window and navigate to your macintosh hd. (go/computer/macintosh hd)

9. Input cmd+shift+ .

10. you should now see all hidden files.

11. Navigate to the location given in the error in your terminal window and find and run the “tmp-Nowtvplayer-mac.dmg”

12. follow install instructions.

13. navigate to nowtv.com, login, start watching !!

14. to hide the hidden files in macintosh hd input. cmd + shift + .

Hope this helps someone !

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried that myself. Worked for me after I installed it by the Mac's typical drag n drop to Applications. I think Now TV ought to do their installer the Mac's default method rather than all of the rest of the other added stuff. Not sure why they don't.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That one step fix worked for me. Just do it the Mac way and it works! Every time I clicked update via the app it was stuck on "downloading, 100%" and not moving. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What a ballache you just helped me resolve! Thank-you!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello. I am having this problem too. Very much appreciate the advice but I'm not an expert at these things and got stuck at steps 8/9. After I've opened the finder window, what exactly do I need to do, please?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi don't worry you are almost there.

Open a finder window and press cmd + shift + .

You should see some hidden files appear in the finder window

Press cmd + shift + g

This will allow you to search for the folder in the terminal error.

IF you look at the error created in the terminal ,copy the folder location to the search bar and press enter.

I hope this helps.
If you get stuck please let me know and I will help you out !
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Sorted

Not very computer savvy, but thanks, got it sorted. poor show from nowTv that the installer didnt work first time. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have managed to set up Now TV on my Imac but need to delete a show I started to watch because it wasn't a very good picture.  I downloaded another show on Sky Arts which is much better. Please tell me how to delete the first one. 

I was also a bit concered that the II Stop icon was in the middle of the page and thatit and the circles showing 10 inside them would not disappear!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much for this!! Was trying for so long to sort this out, even did a system update which didn't  help Smiley Frustrated

I couldn't find the hidden folder in the hd, but did find it by typing the address from the terminal (/var/folders/y1/4dvrqhqn65n43q5611_9_lzh0000gn/T/tmp-NOWTVPlayer-Mac.dmg) into the go to folder option in finder (Shift + cmd + G). That worked a treat. Now have it installed.

Now tv really need to sort out this installer!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I followed the steps right up until dragging the app into applications folder, but when I try and run the app it gives me a huge error message - am I doing something wrong/has anyone else encountered this?