cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error message f20000 and no NowTV

I signed up for a weeks pass for Sky Sports. After 4 days of viewing I received error message f200000 and the Now TV app failed to work.

I then had an hours online chat with a polite assistant who was unable to resolve the issue. I then asked him to make sure that my account was closed and no further charges would apply. 

Next day 9th June I receive a message- 

Thank you for contacting NOW TV.

I understand your concern that you're not able to watch NOW TV Content.

I would not like a precious customer like you to face such a hassle as this is not the way we make a impression on our valuable customers.

I know how annoying this can be be, worry not we will definitely get this sorted for you.

So lets see what happens next. So far its not Nowtv.

66 REPLIES 66
Anonymous User
Not applicable

can not sign into my now tv account on my lap top or my now tv box from the day i got it. have no problem on my ipad. have been on to now tv all week and they have been no help. starting to get really annoyed with the whole service or sorry lack of service

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too am having exactly the same issue on my Windows 10 laptop, running Firefox 54.0.1 (64-bit)

"Sorry, something went wrong!" (Error f20000)

• Uninstalled the player and Cisco
  • Cleared my playerinstalled cookie
  • Reinstalled the player and Cisco
  • Same, f20000

Wonderful service!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Getting this error constantly on my Win 10 laptop as well. Tried uninstalling the player, and VideoGuard. It's incredibly frustrating. It did work for a week or so, then the video started cutting out requiring a reboot to resolve it (different error code and I can't remember it), but now it's f20000 from the start.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As a few others have suggested, the best workaround for me is to just use Internet Explorer instead of Chrome/other browsers and watch via Silverlight instead.

So install IE11 (or whatever version is appropriate for your computer), install Silverlight, and just use Silverlight to watch instead. Just means you'll have to use IE everytime for now, but at least you can still watch on a PC. Also I think I prefer it to the player anyway, gives more information and looks better.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Okay, so I had the same issue - this fix worked for me -

If you are using proxy to connect internet please disable that, refer to the steps below to disable proxy:

1. Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
  2. Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
  3. Go to Connection.
  4. Click on LAN Settings.
  5. Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
  6. Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

I got this of the microsoft website as i couldnt go into their store!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyone using Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 may find this useful...

It finally solved my issue after months of pulling my hair out with this rediculous error code F20000 issue.

Read: https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Windows-PCs-Laptops/Windows-8-10-Finally-a-F20000-Error-Fix/m-p/45857...

Best of luck! Smiley Wink

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had this error on Win7 64 bit,

Problem with videoguard not installing/running,

Found videoguard under C:/Users/YourUser/AppData/Roaming/NOW TV/NOW TV PLAYER/redist

Tried right click - Run as administrator, Error appeared, Problem with administrator policies preventing installation.

Solution: Open registry by searching "regedit" 

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/policies/Microsoft/Windows/Installer

Double click "DisableMSI" on the right, change to 0 (mine was 2) then run installation of videoguard as administrator again.