cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code f20000

Every time I try to stream anything on my laptop on the Now TV player it gives me the error code f20000

Searched everywhere on this forum and can't find any info. What should i do to fix the issue?

Thank you in advance

J

66 REPLIES 66
Anonymous User
Not applicable

yes same issue for me on a mac.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Every time I try to stream anything on my laptop on the Now TV player it gives me the error code f20000

Searched everywhere on this forum and can't find any info. What should i do to fix the issue?

Thank you in advance

J

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

The error code f20000 isn't exlcusive to NOW TV. It usually represents a Hardware/Software problem. Be it drivers (most likely) RAM problems or other hardware problems. Have tried updating all your drivers especially your Graphic Drivers?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

its a brand new macbook pro so id be pretty surprised if it is that. but will try and report back

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

its a brand new macbook pro so id be pretty surprised if it is that. but will try and report back

Cheers Joe 🙂

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

As you can see, your topic has been moved out of the forums Windows PCs & Laptops sub-section and into its dedicated Mac OS sub-section...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Tony-D wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thank you in advance

J

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

The error code f20000 isn't exlcusive to NOW TV. It usually represents a Hardware/Software problem. Be it drivers (most likely) RAM problems or other hardware problems. Have tried updating all your drivers especially your Graphic Drivers?

That's why a search for error code f20000 throws up this page and...nothing else of any relevance. Right.

These guys are flapping, they haven't got a clue what's wrong.

Same problem for me. I didn't think Now TV on the Mac could get any worse - I was so very, very wrong. What a joke.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

If you're seeing f20000 could you please do the same?

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Could you check if CiscoVideoGuardMonitor is running in your Activity Monitor?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tony-D wrote the following,

What an absolute load of rubbish, the only app that fails consistently is the now tv app, had this for about 5 months and only been able to get it to work for a total of 2 weeks in that time, now tv should hang there heads in shame for allowing such a poor piece of software to ever be developed and charging for a subscription that is basically useless, I suspect that it is the cisco video guard software that has been implemented by the developers poorly that is causing the issues here, whenever the error f20000 appears with the title oh no somethings gone wrong, cisco videoguard fails to start.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Could you check if CiscoVideoGuardMonitor is running in your Activity Monitor?